“A good weekend”

Ranked #2 of 24 Warwick B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“A good weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

I have visited the rose and crown many time but never stayed there. We was attending a friends 60th and stayed at the hotel. Hotel staff fantastic and service is excellent. Rooms are nice beds fantastic but bathroom is on the tired side and needs some refurbishment. Breakfast and Foods is very good

Room Tip: Rooms on market square are not as noisy as you would think, but privacy with curtains open might pu...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

I've given this a 3 but if I'd have been staying as a couple it would probably have been a 4.
It's a busy pub Central to everything you need in Warwick. We had room 1 which was a spacious room right on the front of the hotel - this was the problem - the weather was nice and the people sat outside were extremely noisy - luckily the foul mouth woman who only seemed to know one word beginning with 'f' didn't arrive until after the kids were asleep. I know this isn't the managements fault but the fact there is a family room on the front of the pub is just a bad idea.
The beds were comfy and the decor ok - the bathroom could do with a touch up. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Staff friendly and helpful.
Breakfast was included and this was lovely. I had poached eggs on a muffin with smoked salmon and the kids had pancakes with maple syrup and bacon.
There isn't any parking so the best place is on linen street just round the corner and it's 6.00 for anything over 6 hours.
For the price I paid I was happy with the accommodation and would stay again (but only as a couple!)

Stayed August 2014
Monterey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Susie was welcoming, very friendly. The Rose and Crown is a restaurant/pub and the rooms to rent are directly upstairs. We stayed here on the weekend of a bank holiday, so the happy singing continued downstairs until the wee hours. If you are a light sleeper, this might be an issue. The location is just right for a visit to central Warwick or the Castle. It was an easy walk to the Castle. We parked on Linen Street the block behind the pub; £6 for all day. Dinner at the Rose and Crown was delicious. I particularly enjoyed the cheese board. Beer was room temp, a British thing. Breakfast was also tasty and included. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

I recently stayed with my 2 young daughters as we were visiting the castle. On arrival we went to the bar and were dealt with straight away. The room we were in was in an annex just round the corner, it was the top floor but only had a few stairs to climb and the girls loved it. I hadn't requested any specifics with regard to the room and was more than happy with what we had. The room was modern and very clean and well kept. It was spacious and although direct onto the street and market place below there was no real excess noise, it was a Monday and Tuesday night though. We are in the pub on the first night and as mentioned it's quite a nice trendy place. There wasn't really anything for the girls but they did some sausage and fries for them, I had one of the homemade burgers which was excellent and we were made to feel most welcome. Breakfast both days was fantastic with lots of choice, the highlight for the girls was the smarties which came with my coffee.
All in all we had an excellent time there and I thought the customer service was very good and we felt very welcome by all the staff, they were all very polite and always smiling and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to people visiting Warwick.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Mattyjc74
Taunton Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at The Rose and Crown for two nights when we attended a local wedding. The accommodation was excellent, staff personable and helpful. Restaurant also excellent. Would have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Susan H
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I cannot really give this accommodation a rating, let me explain why. It is placed to the side of the market square rather than on the actual square. You enter straight into the pub. I am cognisant that it is an old building & consequently the stairs are winding & uneven. I would not recommend it if you have any difficulty with mobility as there are also steps at the entrance with no visible facilities for anyone in a wheelchair. The room we had (No. 5) was large. The beds were somewhat comfy. The parking is an issue. If you street park you will have to feed a meter every half to 1 hour. Parking in a car park will give you a max of 4 hours at a time. There are 4-5 spaces outside the entrance free from 5pm to 9am if you are lucky enough to get one. On our first day, I highlighted a mould problem in the bathroom. I was told there were no other rooms available & it would be cleaned. On return to the hotel that evening I was told it was not mould but something else. You can decide, I have the photos. I did scrub some of it off with make up wipes so it could have been cleaned if they were bothered to make an effort. The aerial in the TV was broken, there was a patched hole in one of the bedroom walls. The bins are emptied at 6.10am on a Friday morning. There was no noise from the pub below until the patrons came into the street below. The managers accommodation is opposite room 5 & naturally she has to go to bed late & rise early, all of which was audible. When I went to pay, i was presented with an invoice & as I paid in cash I requested a receipt. I was presented with another invoice, in the end I just asked the staff member to write "paid with thanks" & sign. She handed me back the paper with her back to me. I am still incredulous at the blatant rudeness. I said thank you & goodbye at that point as there were other patrons she turned & in a jeckell & Hyde manner waved me on my way. I have never paid anyone to treat me with such rudeness in my life. A lot of the staff are young & inexperienced but at least are not rude as this individual was. A short sharp lesson in customer service is required. Following my experience I have vowed never to be treated with such disdain again.

Room Tip: Not room 5, it's in bad repair
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Mauve
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed on a hot summer night in August. The room was lovely, well furnished and spotlessly clean. It was quiet and comfortable. The only drawback was the wardrobe, which was new , had an odd smell. Maybe the room needed airing. Our room was in the annex across the road - room 10. Car parking was a challenge - you can park nearby but need a ticket from 9am till 5 pm. Dinner was OK but it took a while to get someone to serve us. Breakfast was ok. The atmosphere was good and we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business