“Wonderful historic hotel”
Review of Warwick Arms Hotel

Warwick Arms Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed for one night only at this lovely historic hotel and only wish we could have stayed longer. Our room was lovely and clean with tasteful modern decor. Bathroom was nice and big with great shower. I liked the extra touches that we're offered; basket of bottled non alcoholic drinks and family bag of minstrels! The staff were very attentive and looked after us. Breakfast was great, we had the smoked haddock with poached eggs all cooked perfectly.

We spent the Saturday evening at a dungeons dinner party at Warwick castle which was brilliant, a real fun evening. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit Warwick as its on the high street close to shops, market and the castle. The peacocks from the castle provide the early morning wake up call. Make sure you read up on the history of the hotel, it goes back along way......

Room Tip: The annex rooms have squeaky pull down beds, or so we were told!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel in October 2012, the hotel is in a brilliant location within easy reach of everything. The hotel is really clean and modern, the rooms are quite small but have everything that is needed, the bathroom was large and modern. My only small complaint would be the bed as i found it really uncomfortable (but everyone is different). The breakfasts on both mornings were really tasty, the hotel has its own bar which is reasonably priced and well stocked. The staff were very friendly and helpful, I would highly recommend this hotel.
A trip to Warwick Castle is a must, it was a great day out.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel is in a brilliant position in Warwick - which is a lovely little town.

The room was clean with everything we needed - it was small but we were not in there much. I was thrilled to see "etched" into the glass of the window was some graffiti dating back to 1849 - I'd never have noticed this if I had not moved the blind (which was obscuring an internal back stage courtyard). So quite charming...

Breakfast was plentiful and tasty. Service was a bit hit and miss for us, but the staff were all very young so we cut them some slack.

Would definitely recommend Warwick for a trip and this hotel is a good base.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2013

A friendly welcome awaited me at this clean and well appointed hotel. Check in was quick and without fuss and I was soon in my room. It was bright and airy with a very large bathroom. The bed was comfortable and the pillows good quality.
The hotel serves 3 cask ales and its bar area is large with leather sofas and chairs, and is the perfect place to relax after work.
I didn't eat in the hotel, as it is in the centre of Warwick and we like to sample the local life.
Breakfast is excellent and offers smoked haddock as part of the cooked offering.
If you are in Warwick, I cannot recommend this place high enough

Room Tip: In the late spring/summer the peacocks from the castle can be heard at dawn in the back rooms. Also...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Our stay at the Warwick will not be our last. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service was faultless. Spacious rooms with tea and coffee making facilities in the room. The walls are a little thin so you may here a little noise if your neighbors are boisterous. The breakfast is brilliant and the girls and boys who serve are fabulous. A special mention for the hotel manager whose name I have forgotten. Nothing was too much trouble for her. The hotel is in the middle of the town, five minutes walk from the castle and ten minutes from the racecourse. Two great places to eat in Warwick. The Saxon Mill and the Micatto (Italian)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 21 February 2013

This small hotel did everything they could to give us a pleasant and comfortable stay. My room number 4 was clean, tidy and warm, possibly too warm & the shower room was just bigger than a changing cubicle. Perfectly adequate for me as the best was great and gave me a good nights sleep. You cannot get the WiFi upstairs. Supper on the first night was a quiet affair with a limited range of specials and a chef that made another steak and ale pie for us latecomers. It was undoubtedly the best I have ever had....and when I congratulated the staff after the meal I found out that he had made it with fillet steak. It was a generous portion, perfectly cooked with delicious pastry and perfect mash potato. The breakfast chef can't make runny scrambled eggs but everything else was spot on and not too complicated. Staff were at all times of the day and night, capable, helpful, polite and timely. My only complaint was the smell of fish that lingered and pervaded the stairway every evening. Would I return with my family, yes. Is it value for money, just about I would say but ask to see your room if you don't like compact.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Veau
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My husband and I thought we would let you know that we had a fantastic weekend at The Warwick Arms in Warwick. On our departure after breakfast we managed to have a conversation with Dave the Chef and congratulated him on his food over our special weekend. He then went on to tell us the history and stories from the hotel which we found very interesting.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple