“Excellent”
Review of Warwick Arms Hotel

Warwick Arms Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 27 August 2013

The hotel is in an ideal location within walking distance of the castle and shops. The rooms were bright clean and well maintained. The staff went an extra mile to be helpful recommending sights to see towns to visit and where to eat. My husband didn't make breakfast one morning and was offered an cup of tea and a bacon sandwich when he did eventually surface. You don't get that in five star hotels. Would recommend anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: All the rooms were good. Only downside ere is no lift but only one floor so not too bad.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights on a recent road trip round the UK. We had actually looked at another hotel in the same street but decided to have a quick look at The Warwick Arms as a comparison. There was no comparison. The reception greeting by Emma and Farah was warm and Friendly and Caroline the manager was more than happy to take us to view a couple of the rooms. We chose room 26 which was spacious, modern and well decorated. Everything about this hotel was of a high standard. The service was excellent, the breakfast was very good and the service second to none. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Warwick.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonStrak
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed one night in a family room. The good bits - fast and efficient reservation staff. Very smart general bar areas. Very nice breakfast. Well positioned for visiting the castle.
The not so good bits - family room looked a bit tired and dated. The radiator was literally hanging off the wall at a strange angle. A disaster waiting to happen which will result in several flooded rooms! Our room (34) was a good size however the bathroom was comically small. We had one small shampoo and shower gel between three (come on guys the clue is in the title - family room) and the room overlooked the main road so was very noisy all night. The TV was positioned virtually opposite the single bed, which meant it was very awkward to view from the double bed. The room layout needs a rethink when it has a redecorate.

Room Tip: Room 34 - Not good if you want a quiet nights sleep
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the hotel with my partner as part of a wedding party. The wedding reception was held at the hotel and as a result most guests also stayed there.

I found all of the staff to be helpful, friendly and professional.

The double room I stayed in was of a good size and nicely decorated, but smelt of damp. The shower room was small, in particular the shower itself.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I was looking to hire out the Warwick Suite for a party, the hotel said they would get back to me with an idea of menu choices and when they did, they told me they had already hired out the suite to someone else! Even though they assured me that the room was free on my chosen party date when I first inquired a few days before. I would have at least appreciated a warning that someone else was interested, but instead I was left fuming and I certainly won't be recommending the Warwick Arms to friends and family.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I invited my relations to stay at this hotel as I had previously used it for a Charity Night in aid of breast cancer. They had a fabulous time - the rooms are bright and airy - it is right in the middle of town so great for the young and elderly and has a satisfying menu all week long. The fish and chip suppers are reknowned in Warwick as is their value for money. If you want a visit to the Castle in the heart of Warwick, want to enjoy the delights of the old town and its great restaurants, and find something fresh to do everyday without giving yourself foot ache this is the place to stay..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacky K
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I made an enquiry today for a couple of nights stay at The Warwick.

I had a prompt reply from Natalie in reception saying they had a room but there was a private function on and a late disco.

In view of this I declined the room but felt Natalie and The Warwick deserved credit for their honesty.

I'm sure we have all had stays where the hotel has conveniently forgotton to mention an event was taking place.

Well done and hope to stay with them in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple