“Great central location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Warwick
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“Great central location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stayed with friends for the weekend. Ideal location for shopping & the castle. Our room was an acceptable size, but some of our friends found the rooms small. We booked late and so our choice of rooms was limited. We would stay again but would select the larger rooms. Lovely decor, relaxing atmosphere & helpful staff. Breakfast was good - food in the evening looked great although we didn't eat there this time.

Room Tip: Rooms 10 & 18 are larger
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Essex England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here Saturday 19th October for 1 night. - Staff friendly - breakfast Good.
I booked & paid for 2 superior rooms totalling £222.00 one with newspaper - nothing complimentary here.
Clean rooms but over priced. No goodies, like nice shampoos n soaps, no slippers or dressing gowns - just a basic room, 1 shampoo 1 shower Gel when two were in the room? A plus the town itself is right on the door step, quaint with nice individual shops - little parking in surrounding areas what is there is only for 2 hours for £2 - no return for 4 hrs, no room in pub/hotel car park - that only has about 8 spaces. So the 24 hours we were there meant lots of feeding machine and moving car - a big headache and the reason we would not stop here again -and I still can't get over the cheek to call the 2 rooms we had superior. Had they been called standard I wouldn't of felt less cheated. Head for Holiday Inn Express 4 miles up the road - and get a taxi in is my advice, rooms around £50 cheaper too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Worthing, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

A nice central location but don't expect to park the car nearby. The room was "out the end door and its the last red door at the end" We were eventually guided across the courtyard by a kitchen smoker on his break. Adequate sized room but with a stow-away double bed (made-up). I thought we might have a view of the castle or even wildebeast crossing the Serengeti as in Fawlty Towers. No, we had a Hippo, well a hippo bag, discarded furniture and scaffolding on the patio outside the locked door. Once unpacked we went to the bar but it lacked staff. The restaurant menu was 'pub food' so we went out and found the Castle Kitchen (see revue). Excellent! Noise from upstairs, we could hear shoes being dropped and footsteps across the ceiling. A disappointing stay but as it was not expensive I won't moan about it.

Room Tip: Olde worlde in the main building or cheap and cheerful out the back.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

A very nice looking hotel conveniently located in the centre of Warwick, sounds ideal, but ..... the bed played a merry little tune on it's springs every time we moved, making a restful night elusive, the bathroom was modernly appointed, meaning that the stylish shower enclosure didn't enclose and left you wading back to the bedroom after a shower. WiFi, now that's bizarre, there is Free WiFi, but, not for residents, for anyone who buys a hot drink between 11:00 and 16:00, so residents have to buy a drink to get WiFi access, outside those hours wifi is charged at the usual extortionate rates. I can't quite work out the logic of giving free access to the public for a cup of coffee but not to residents who have paid £80 for a room, but I'm sure they know what they are doing ....
Finally, on check in they don't take a swipe of a card, but ask the customer to write down the card details on the registration form, seems pretty insecure to me so we refused and paid up front, but the answer "we've been doing it for years" seemed to explain everything according to the receptionist.
For the balancing inconvenience of staying a little further out of town a better experience could be found!

• Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend at the beginning of September. The hotel is in a very good location to visit the castle and Warwick itself. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and modern. The only negative was that the rooms were smallish (but fine for a long weekend) and the shower cubicle was very small (and the shower head couldn't really be adjusted). Otherwise, the staff were all friendly and helpful. Recommend getting a room on the top floor overlooking the back of the hotel to avoid the (slightly) noisy road to the front.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the top floor and away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Friendly enough place , rooms spotless BUT room 4 very small and the bathroom was tiny, not cheap either. Location is perfect and the breakfasts were lovely. I would return but would ask for a larger room if there are any.

Room Tip: Ask how big the rooms are when booking
Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Halifax
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Really disappointed by this hotel where I stayed two nights for work reasons.
1. Rooms have no adequate sound insulation. On first night I was kept awake by people in room next door having a conversation. They weren't raising their voices but I heard every word.
2. On the second night, there was a disco. We were told it would finish at 12. It was at least quarter past. My room was directly above it and I could hear thumping music then the sound of staff clearing away till well after 1 am. Not great when you have to work next day.
The staff were unapologetic and said we had been told about it when we checked in. I wasn't told or I would have gone to a different hotel.
3. Mý cooked breakfast was lukewarm.
4. The lights in my room were faulty and constantly dipped on and off which made reading a book in bed impossible.
5. Bathroom fan was noisy and my bathroom light and fan came on by itself in the night and woke me up. I wonder if the electrics are actually safe given all these issues.
6. Staff at breakfast were slow - had to ask for tea and coffee, a tea cup, milk and so on.
7. Shower wasn't hot enough and the water pressure was lacklustre.
8. Bath mat removed from my room after one night and not replaced.
9. I was told I had to swipe a credit card on arrival even though work had paid for my room and I knew I wouldn't want extras.
I could go on. I shall be staying in the Premier Inn on future business trips to Warwick!

• Stayed September 2013