“First time in Warwick had a lovely weekend away.. Will definitely return again.”
Review of Warwick Arms Hotel

Warwick Arms Hotel
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just got back from a weekend in Warwick with my boyfriend and booked this hotel as a last minute hotel on Friday night and have to say from the moment we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by friendly helpful staff and we were even able to check in early.
The room was full of character including slopping floors and decorated nicely and we slept really comfortably.
Food at the hotel was delicious we had lunch as soon as we arrived and the tempura prawns are definitely a must.
The hotel is located in an ideal location close to the castle and the town.
Overall we had a fantastic weekend and we will defiantly be returning and be recommending the hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank xxkellylorrainexx

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Nice old hotel in historic town. Downstairs well decorated. Upstairs the age of the building is more apparent but I don't think this is a problem. Expect walls and floors on a bit of a slope - it's part of the charm I guess. Don't go to this type of hotel if you want brand new and right angles - personally I think it's fine.

Nice room but under heated. One look at the radiator would tell you it won't easily heat the volume, even if it was actually properly hot.
Bathroom good size, but way too cool for comfort.
Water adequate temperature but shower pressure was pathetic (and I was up early at 6.00 am so it's not like the water demand was crazy).
Breakfast was ok in a mediocre sort of a way. Slightly stingy with the toast. Rather stingy volume of coffee - but which did actually taste quite good.
They must have been concerned about my blood pressure because the scrambled eggs were pretty tasteless and definitely lacked salt.
Staff were fine IMHO.

Deal breaker for me, a personal hate, is non-existence of bedroom wifi and even worse they wanted to charge me £5 for access downstairs! I mean come on, it is 2014. Made worse by the fact that generally in the town, GPRS seemed to be the best mobile connection one could get.
I don't think I would return here or recommend unless the problems were fixed,which is a pity because it's an old town hotel you want to like.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Despite being fairly disappointed with my first visit here, I stayed here for a second time recently as some colleagues were staying here and thought I’d be sociable. I was much happier with my stay, although there were still a few areas which let the place down.

I stayed in the main part of the hotel this time, as opposed to out the back in the newer / modern part. I much preferred this part as it didn’t feel like you were out on a limb and disassociated with the hotel.

I wasn’t a fan of the lights, which are on numbered buttons by the door. They didn’t seem to work the first time, but after 30 seconds of fiddling around (thinking I’d need to go back downstairs) they finally came on. Personally I’d rather just have a classic light switch than this fancy technology, not entirely sure what the logic is behind this one – perhaps they feel it gives a modern feel to the place?

Also the tele was small, and in an inconvenient place. Instead of being directly opposite the bed, it was in a corner to the side of the bed which meant relaxing whilst watching was not really an option, unless you like to lie on your side the whole time looking up.

Negativity aside, this hotel really has the edge when it comes to location being right in the centre of warwick with easy access to the town. It is also really good in the food department, and although I didn’t eat in the restaurant in the evening, the breakfast was extremely good quality with no scrimping on cheap ingredients.

The price of this place is on the higher side of what you’d pay in the locality at around £90 B&B per night, however if food and location are high on your list then it’s probably the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

... that is the question. I am not sure if being in Shakespeare country has brought this on but I started thinking about the question of how you compare different types of hotels. We needed a stop over on the way home from further south and might normally have gone for a chain - possibly just off a motorway. You get a reasonable room, it is clean and reasonably priced. However, you often have limited choice of where to eat and not much to do but sit and watch tv in the room So this time I thought - why not go for something in the centre of somewhere we have not stayed before and which might have a bit more to offer. We decided to try Warwick. Then I thought about how do i write a review and particularly score it. The Hotel was fine, what we saw of the staff was good, it was clean and we had a great breakfast. We had one double and one single room. The double was a bit tight with a tiny shower and did not make the best use of the space available while the single was fine and had a bath in a reasonable size bathroom. It was a bit cold when we were getting ready for bed but there was a portable heater in the room. The light switches were idiosyncratic to say the least but they explained how to use them on the room card [though we never quite got to grips with it]. So room wise how do I compare this to say, the room in the Jury's Inn we stayed in overnight a few weeks ago? How do you compare a hotel as old as this one with all the quirks of its history with a modern new one? I mean we almost pay for uniqueness as an extra when we are picking a hotel for a longer holiday. I decided that you can only go on feel and whether you would tell others to go there or keep away. So my conclusion is that it is pleasant old hotel which is worth staying in if you are going to Warwick but if you are staying more than one night then you might want to see if the bathroom in your room is big enough for you.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kvasirsblood
Reviewed 19 February 2014

A really pleasant hotel with friendly staff who make your stay a pleasure. We arrived on the day that a major boiler failure had left a significant number of bedrooms without heating, however, the issue was dealt with speedily and effectively and frankly had it not been for the additional portable radiators in our room we would never have known there was a problem.
Accommodation was clean and comfortable there was residents' parking at the rear of the hotel and the staff could not have been more friendly or more helpful. Breakfast was pretty standard stuff but cooked very well and served quickly. Dinner again was pretty standard pub/hotel food but produced too a high standard. Rather oddly we thought the dining room is closed on a Sunday night, however, there are some very nice restaurants within a short walk of the hotel.
In short the Warwick Arms is not a hotel that is exceptional in any one area but it is very good in most.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 26 which was spacious, quiet and comfortable.
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for a night before visiting Warwick Castle. The accomadation is fresh and modern. There is a small car park but it was not signposted. The receptionist was very helpful and interested in our stay. We chose not to east here as it felt a bit too modern for us, but the restaurant did look inviting, and we did enjoy drinks in the bar before heading out. The restaurant was very comfortable when we had breakfast the next day. The hotel seemed to cater well for both couples and families. Would highly recommend it, and it is also literally a 5 minute walk to the castle.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

A great hotel with a brilliant restaurant. staff were friendly the food was amazing and the service was great. Rooms were comfortable and the best night sleep in ages. The price was reasonable and included dinner and warwick castle tickets so a great weekend away!