“Friendly host and nice, clean rooms”

Park House Guest House
and 1 more site!
Park House Guest House
Ranked #23 of 24 Warwick B&B and Inns
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Friendly host and nice, clean rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been there 2 weeks ago for 2 nights and if I will ever come back in that area, I will definitely choose Park House.

The place is close to railway station, to the centre and also to castle Warwick.
The owner was friendly and helpful with everything I needed. Beside this, it was really nice to stay for a chat with him.

The room was nice and clean, I consider that the price paid was fair (although, in the room 4, the shower cabin is in the room, not in the bathroom, which is a little strange, but not really disturbing).
The english breakfast was good and ample, I could not eat everything :))

To resume in just few words: a good choice for Warwick area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Guest hous last Saturday 24th May for a couple of nights for my birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It was around 10mins walk into town which was ok and was nice and quiet at night times, the breakfasts were superb and very filling and it was nice to have a lovely conversation with the owners and get to know them a little more.

Derek (Ata) was very considerate and provided us with some helpful tourist information. The rooms were adequate for the price and were clean and comfortable.

I will be taking my Mum there also as I know she will also enjoy her stay there.

Thanks Ata!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

My girlfriend and I had booked in for two nights here just for a short getaway and the price seemed very reasonable. Upon our arrival we were greeted by a friendly chap named Derek and his other half (didn’t catch her name). We were told that Ata, the owner, was away on holiday which at least explained the poor communication when I’d emailed a couple of days previous to confirm we were still coming.

We were then asked what we’d like for breakfast in the morning as they were about to go shopping. As vegetarians we didn’t want a standard full English so explained that toast, beans, tomatoes and some fruit would be fine, and some scrambled eggs for my girlfriend. I found it odd to be asked that a day before but didn’t think too much of it at the time. We were then shown to our room which was small and dated, yet seemed adequate enough.

After going into the town, doing some shopping and having a very tasty meal at a local pub we headed back for the evening to chill out as we were up early the next morning to go to Warwick Castle. It’s hard to describe my night’s sleep, as I’m not sure either of us did sleep. The hall lights are on all night, which might be fine if the room doors weren’t inexplicably made of glass! The pillows were almost as solid as the mattress and didn’t exactly smell fresh either. I woke up at 3:30am to visit the toilet and I could see my way around the room way too clearly, really not impressed.

My girlfriend and I were both feeling pretty cranky after what we both agreed was the worst night’s sleep of our entire lives, yet decided to drag ourselves downstairs for breakfast. We were greeted by Derek’s wife who showed us to our table. I had some bran flakes while my other half forced down some rancid coffee, but the worst was yet to come…. Derek’s wife then brought in our main breakfast and we were both horrified. On the same plate were the following; beans, mushroom, grilled tomato, two pieces of toast topped with fried egg (my g/f said she wanted scrambled eggs and I’d said I didn’t want any), grapes (that were a good few days old) and a quarter of a peeled apple! The coup de grace was some sort of ‘vegetarian pie’ she’d made. I had one bite before realising another would kill me. No idea at all what it was meant to be. The whole meal was awash with grease and ill-advised serving ideas. I took mine back to have the eggs removed and had more toast brought to me but I soon wished I hadn’t bothered, it must have been the cheapest bread I’d ever eaten. It just seemed that there was no plan for a proper vegetarian breakfast, even though there are plenty of options nowadays. We made our excuses and quickly went out to the Castle.

Eating in a local restaurant after the Castle visit we both realised we couldn’t possibly stay for a second night, the very thought filled us both with horror so we made the decision to make our excuses and leave. I took the key to Derek and told him my grandmother was ill (they’re both dead so it wasn’t really tempting fate) and that we had to get back home. I didn’t air my grievances as they seemed like lovely people and were just standing in for Ata but they weren’t cut out for hosting at all. We did dodge a final bullet when Derek said it was a shame we were leaving as his wife was preparing us a Greek pie for the next morning’s breakfast! No thank you.

On the plus side, there’s a good wifi connection. I really couldn’t recommend this place to anybody, ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wayno M

Travellers are raving about these Warwick hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a romantic break away in a luxurious hotel, look away now...

However, the room was comfortable, good WiFi, hot shower and fab breakfast. What more does a business traveller paying his own bill need?

Please note - need to settle the bill in cash - credit cards not accepted.

Also, not sure if it was just my room but there were no toiletries in my room, but I always have plenty so no problem.

I tend to stay in Warwick a lot, and am a bit of a price tart, but will definitely stay here from time to time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Room was clean, but a little bit small, but the breakfast was really nice.The finer details could be improved on? Towels were not bath towels so not really very good, the facilities could be better, more teabags and milk for example, the hall lights could also be on timers as they shine through the doors, duvets need to be thicker for later year bookings. Overall for the price, not a bad deal!!

Room Tip: room 5 small, room 4 better
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Was given room 5 as a single room was only required, which was like something from the Borrowers. The only window was open which when I arrived at around 9pm made the room absolutely freezing. But Ata gave me a warm welcome & took my breakfast order there & then hence when I made my way to the dining room at 7.30 am the next morning I had to wait only 1 minute before being served. The breakfast was well worth it & I offered seconds but was too full. The rest of the room had a wardrobe which was a pain to get in & actually open the door. The shower cubicle was in a corner & was in need of some TLC but it didnt leak & was hot, there was tea & coffee facilities in the room & there was a separate toilet & sink. Overall for £35 it did what it said on the tin & Ata's hospitality was worth it weight after a horrendous 2 hour journey in pouring rain & thunder & lightning.

Colin - Sheffield

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Was an ok place, clean but felt a bit like I was creeping round my boyfriends parents house. Shower was in the room which wouldn't be great if travelling with a friend. The owners were friendly and helpful though and breakfast was nice but only given able to eat between 8-9 hour and had to decide what you wanted and when you want to sit down for it the day before

• Stayed August 2013