“Very poor management attitude”
Review of The Art Kitchen

The Art Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 144 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$13 - US$49
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Went here with five others for a meal on Friday night. I was fortunate in my choices but my friends less so. Their meals were heavily salted or very spicy despite making request (in line with the introduction to the menu) for a less spicy version. In two separate cases the waiters took the food away and then came back to tell the diners that they were wrong. On one occasion this included the manager. Whatever the rights and wrongs (and having tasted one of the returned dishes I have to say it was extraordinarily salty) the management attitude was just plain wrong. Our complaints were delivered in a very measured way and without any theatrics. At the end of the meal the manager told us that we had to move so that other diners could take the place. The request was without grace and we were simply directed to finish our drinks elsewhere. Very busy so a lot of people must think they are doing something right but if things do go wrong as they did here then the attitude of the management fell way short of what might be expected. When I go out to dine I expect a reasonable meal and service as a minimum but on the basis of the management approach here I would not be inclined to return nor do I feel I could recommend it to others.

2  Thank N H

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Had a wonderful meal in The Art Kitchen last weekend. The service was better than first class and the welcome could not be bettered. The Thai food was well presented and tasted wonderful. I would highly recommend The Art Kitchen.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This restaurant is now one of my favourites and I look forward to going back. The waitress was very warm and friendly, she provided great recommendations. We had the duck spring rolls to start, which were wonderful. For our mains, we had the Thai red curry with chicken and the pad see-ew. Both were excellent. There was plenty of flavour in both dishes and the meat was perfectly cooked. I have noticed that Thai food in the UK is a bit more expensive than in the states (it's about $10 for a thai curry at home and about £12-£14 here). However, I would gladly pay this price again at this particular restaurant because of the exceptional quality of the food and incredible flavours. In Los Angeles, we have Thai restaurants everywhere. I would say that this restaurant would give some of those Thai restaurants at home a run for their money. Also, there are portraits of George Clooney and James Dean in the women's restroom. I feel like that's worth mentioning, who wouldn't appreciate that?

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The best place in Warwick. After a long disappointing search through bunch of local restaurants we've accidentally bumped on this place and didn't regret for a moment that decided to stay for a dinner.we've been given a great meal suggestions from our server to try signature dishes. The Art Kitchen Rolls with special sauce were brilliant and beef is to die for!! We'll definitely come back again and try another dish at this place.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We have visited Warwick on our second anniversary with my girlfriend and seems that there are not many places to dine in!! We've visited at least four places before we found this restaurant... Rather nice and cosy... It was just what we needed. Perfect and friendly service. Chef... Well... He knows his trade! Overall best experience with n couple of weeks. Love it! Suggest it!!!!