“Friday treat”
Review of Catalan

Catalan
Ranked #29 of 130 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$9 - US$39
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Friday treat”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Visited Friday night, glad I booked as summer concerts mean most places are busy, service was exemplarary, food was good not the best tapas according to my spanish guest but to me it was great altough a bit more chillie would have given a top rating.
if you have not tried tapsas before this gem is well worth a visit.

Warwick UK
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We've dined at Catalan a few times over the years and decided to visit again. The atmosphere was good and we had a pleasant table in the patio area. We ordered tapas plus paella. The tapas was good particularly the artichoke and sardines. However the paella was really disappointing and bore no resemblance to authentic paella. It clearly hadn't been cooked like a paella should be with anaemic and tough chicken and seafood plonked on top of the rice rather than being cooked together in stock and properly seasoned. Unfortunately at no stage did anyone ask us how our meal was otherwise I would probably have returned the paella. It feels like some authentic Spanish cooking is missing from Catalan.

1 Thank Warwickfamily
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Excellent Shanish Food”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our first venture into Tapas since being very disappointed in the tapas in Majorca, I am pleased to say that this was much better than in Majorca. There is an a la carte menu but we decided to go for tapas, of which the choice of dishes is numerous, averaging round about £5 a dish. The staff were very friendly and able to answer any questions we had about the food, which made selecting the dishes very easy.

The food was excellent and served quite quickly, considering that the restaurant was very busy. We found that 7 dishes between us and a pudding each was quite sufficient, so the cost of the meal was very reasonable.

I would heartily recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Keith C
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Leaving do”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Lovely table for us all The staff were friendly and attentive. The food ( which I had not experienced before and I can be fussy !),was all delicious and it was good to experience all the different flavours. Plenty of food for everyone,good service. Would recommend.

“Very poor”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Many things were disappointing with this restaurant, here are the lowlights;
The restaurant was empty when we arrived, but they still made a fuss when we asked not to sit in the middle of the cramped restaurant where they had allocated us.
Waitresses took 20 mins before taking our order and were chatting to each other awfully loud the entire time.

When our order of around 6 tapas dishes arrived the chicken was burnt to a crisp, I mean seriously, I've had burnt chicken before (usually when I attempt a bbq) but at least then beneath the charcoaled surface there is some succulent meat below.. Whereas here there was just a horrid dried out wing covered in burnt skin. The plate if cured meats was sparsely populated with a selection of low quality meat.
Chicken and chorizo skewers were again ruined by the drier than the desert chicken.

Perhaps the worst part of the evening was the reaction of the staff when I told them the chicken was very dry and tasteless... She said "ok" and wandered away to the kitchen. We didn't get an apology, better chicken, anyone asking us what was wrong with it... Nothing. Our comment was simply ignored - and this is the reason for this review - the attitude and quality was appalling and I hope I save some readers from this experience!

5 Thank foodfrenzy12