“Gorgeous ”

Ranked #67 of 146 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$24 - US$32
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner went here for our anniversary meal , food was gorgeous !! Garlic and Parmesan flat bread to share , I had the spit roast chicken and my partner had the burger for main , Could not fault the food at all. You could tell the good was high quality and wasn't over priced at all . Unfortunately We were to full for pudding. Absolutely beautiful surrounding and inside too. Service was fast . The only fault I would say is you do have to find your own way to the restaurant which is wrote on a black board , do nobody was there to greet us , abit slow being attended to . Would definitely eat here again. Beautiful place .

Emma T, Guest Relations Manager at The Saxon Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Many thanks for your recommendation and great review. I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary meal with us and we very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

If you can leave room for puddings next time, I can definitely recommend the House Sharer. It's one to impress!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Emma Tracey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,147)

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We like the Saxon Mill and visit it quite often for a nice Sunday roast. We hadn't been disappointed until this weekend. My wife's roast beef was fatty and the quantity of meat given was pathetic. My mothers roast pork was tasteless and again two small slices of meat a roast lunch does not make. The potatoes were a disaster - tough on the outside and tasteless on the inside.

1  Thank dawlschool

I'm really sorry to hear about your recent experience at The Saxon Mill and that you didn't find the food to be up to our usual high standards.

I would love for you to visit us again soon so that we can show you we are still delivering excellent quality food every day of the week and that our Sunday Roasts are second to none.

I hope that you will give us another chance and return soon.

Many thanks

Reviewed 31 August 2014

If you're looking for a restaurant that's typically English then Saxon (old water) Mill is for you. On a nice night you can sit outside on the terrace overlooking the raging sluice with willow trees to your left, bull rushes to your right and a lovely English Church ahead of you. As we are early we ate our 'sharing starters' on the terrace as it got darker- full, melted, boxed Camembert, olives, whitebait and home made sausage rolls- scrummy. Inside and upstairs we went for our main course - lots of choice and good value. Highly recommended but don't forget to book in good time otherwise you'll be disappointed.

Many thanks for your 5 star review and fantastic recommendation. I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and the setting so much and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

The food at the Saxon mill was amazing, the setting was beautiful and the service was outstanding. Jack who served us made us all feel very comfortable and no job was to small. Will be going back again soon.

Many thanks for the great review and recommendation. I'm glad that Jack did such a good job of making you feel welcome too and will be sure to pass on your comments.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I have been to the Saxon Mill several times and each time I fail to understand why people rate it so highly, the food is unexceptional and the service is poor, slow and not very helpful.

This visit was no different, we booked and when we rang 2 weeks before were given only 8.30pm table. On arrival we were sat in the bar area as we we reassured it was quieter, it wasn't it was very noisy.

We had only main course the food was ok but not as grand as expected for the price, the pork belly was a little stringy, there was a single raw broccoli floret on a plate with mash, a chunk of pork crackling on the side not fine dining.

We ordered deserts and when they arrived there was 3 not 4, they were wrong. Creme brûlée instead of crumble the 4th desert was none existent. Eventually we had to ask for it and when it came no apology.

We had a liquor coffee which was nice but had three coffee beans floating on the top which were bitter and disgusting.

The toilets are awful, dirty and need a good clean or updating.

The setting is beautiful and the building historic but I still feel it is an over rated place to eat. Warwick has much better places to eat than this place.

Emma T, Guest Relations Manager at The Saxon Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

My apologies that you were disappointed with your recent experience with us and that you didn't find the food or service to be up to our usual high standards.

I'm sure if you were to give us another try you would be suitably impressed. If you were to book again I would recommend requesting a table in our restaurant by the windows, overlooking the River Avon. This particular section of the restaurant is slightly set back and therefore a little more private, with stunning views too.

We always top our liquor coffees with 3 coffee beans to decorate and add that finishing touch. If you believe what they say this is also meant to be a symbol of good luck!

I hope that you will visit again soon so that we can show you the fantastic food and service that we love to deliver.