“Lovely!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stopped in here before a long journey travelling home from a weekend in Warwick. The waiters were lovely and polite! The sag panneer was the best I have tasted! I wasn't sure what to order for the main course and the waiter helped me choose. The meal was good value and we had to take some of it home as the portions were a great size!
My boyfriend and I have tried a lot of curry houses and I would definitely recommend this place and would come back again if in Warwick.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Terrific food and lovely staff”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Four of us went whilst staying at the Hilton in Warwick. Everyone was very friendly and the food was excellent, with good sized portions and very tasty. The restaurant was extremely busy but service was still excellent. The food was some of the best we have tasted in this cuisine. Parking could be a problem but we made a left turn along a small road about 50metres above the restaurant and there was a good car park on the right which charged 50p for the evening- a bargain!

Kent, England
“A MUST TRY INDIAN RESTAURANT IF YOU VISIT WARWICK”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We visited Warwick for a few days and we decided to eat an Indian meal one night and just googled the nearest one to our accommodation. We took a chance at the Warwick Spice Indian restaurant and was amazed at the quality of the food. We ordered a mixture of food and everything we ate was cooked to perfection and the service and attentiveness of the staff was amazing. The restaurant filled with customers quite quickly and the whole atmosphere was great. Fab entertainment with an Indian man playing his sitar. Child friendly. No reservation needed. Has won several awards in the Warwick area and their chef I believe has cooked at the House of Commons and Buck House. Try it and enjoy.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great service and friendly staff but....”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I booked a table at Warwick Spice for Saturday night over the Bank Holiday weekend. We arrived a bit early but were seated immediately by the friendly staff. We were glad that we had booked as the place was very busy!

We ordered a starter each, some chutney, mint yoghurt and some poppadoms etc. The starters were lovely but the mint dip was so sweet and just not to my taste. Our mains arrived soon after our starters but I was surprised when my chicken tikka masala arrived - it was bright, and I mean bright, red!! There was an awful lot of watery sauce but to be fair, also a good serving of chicken. However, when I tasted it, it was so very sweet it was more like a dessert and to be honest, I left most of it.

Overall this is a nice place with great service and lovely staff but, due to how sweet a lot of the dishes seemed to be, I don't think we would eat here again. In our opinion a curry should be spicy with not quite as much sauce and it certainly shouldn't look like a lab experiment from Sellafield, that would give a Geiger Muller Counter a run for its money when you put it on your plate!! Less colouring and sugar is definitely required!!

1 Thank JMC321
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Eating”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We called only a few hours before to book a table for 8 but lucky we did as by the time we were into our starters this place was buzzing.

We shared a number of starters including King Prawn Pathis Puri (sadly we did nto like this very bright colour and too sweet), Vegi Samosa (excellent light with a touch of spice), and a Tandor Mix platter which featured chicken, lamb and kabab - all were lovely and tender with the right amount of flavour.

For mains we sampled Prawn Pathia (again why so red? otherwise fairly nice but prawns should be larger), Chicken Madras, Chicken Tika Madras, Chicken Tandori, Lamb Pasanda, Chicken Korma and Naga Chilli curry with chicken. All were delicous with the resturant adjusting the spice level for diners who wanted milder or hotter flavours. All the chicken and lamb were tender with good size pieces. Every sauce was well prepared and presented and they even gave us a sample of their butter chicken to try when my visitors from Canada asked about this dish (it is not on menu).

Added to this were some sides of Aloo Gobi, Garlic Nans, Pashwari Nan and boiled rice. The presentation of all the dishes was very nice and the servicce excellent - even allowing us to have two bills for the two families. Staff were friendly and helpful explaining dishes and we were given several jugs of water along with our ordered drinks.

I would go back again no prob, the only thing I would suggest to them is to cut down the food colouring - people today prefer more natural looking food.

Visited August 2014