“Very poor”

Warwick, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had a meal today when it came out the plate was dirty and chipped and the presentation was not good. The food was poor quality and the salad was so small I would call it a garnish with brown limp lettuce. I asked for it to be changed as the salad I had on previous occasions was much better and bigger, I got the same salad back but in a bowl. My husbands steak was mostly fat and gristle and was not cooked to the standard I would expect for the price. When I approached the staff to complain I did not get a good response although I did not end up paying for my main course. We have eaten in this pub on numerous occasions with mixed results from quite good to terrible. We will not be returning.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Denise P

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

A birthday lunch which I was looking forward to, having looked at the menu in advance online which was extensive. The woman in charge, presumably the manager/owner, was loud, brusque, indifferent and stressed. The restaurant wasn't full by any means on a Thursday lunchtime. The food was drastically over-priced (lasagne with oven chips, and scampi with the same dry oven chips, were £10.95 each. Caesar salad was over dressed with the saltiest dressing I have ever tasted. We weren't asked how our meals were. We weren't thanked as we left. We won't be going back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank LeamLil
Cleveland
“Great little find”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Food was lovely, but you may need to book ahead as the restaurant is not really very large. But a great choice on the menu.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank LindylooCleveland
Malvern, United Kingdom
“Excellent end to day out”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Five of us went to the Anchor Inn for an evening meal after a day out at Kenilworth Castle. It was a warm day so we sat in the garden. We were welcomed in the bar and soon served drinks to take outside with menus. It is an extensive menu for what is basically a pub so choice was difficult but we managed it and took our orders in. The food delivered was excellent all round and I was full with just a main - the fantastic 'everything in it pie'. I lived in Leek Wootton for five years 1970-75 when it was an old pub run by two old ladies and was very much of the 'spit and sawdust' variety and I loved it then. This was my second sentimental return since then and I love it just as much for more grown up family reasons.

• Visited July 2014
“Birthday lunch”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Nice Sunday dinner. The staff were all friendly, the food came out promptly and was very tasty and the kids enjoyed the garden. We will be going again.