“Disrespectful Customer Service from shere khan General Manager - pls fwd and share.”
Review of Shere Khan

Shere Khan
Ranked #422 of 2,342 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$16 - US$39
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I decided to take my disabled mum out to eat for mothers day last saturday evening to shere khan star city. Unfortunately, we were publicly humiliated and turned away. The reason being, as you have to wait to be seated, their management list your name on a sheet, and seat you as tables become available. Not always in the logical order customers arrive. Which is fine as we needed a table of 5. After 25 minutes of waiting patiently, I approached them to see how long? I learnt that the manager had crossed off my name on his list by accident which is why we were kept waiting. I enquired why my name wasn't called, why it had been crossed, and why I had got no apology? His reply was not, 'im sorry' but to my shock horror, "no apology, and no table!" Telling us to go away. My name was never going to be called if crossing it out means you have bn given your table. I hv never been treated such unprofessionall. For what was a management oversight. It was rude and clearly out of order. They did not care that I had an elderly mum or children with me. Mistakes are made granted in a busy and stressful environment but how you deal with it determines a professional business of quality. I am a lecturer in the hospitality industry and will use my negative experience of shere khan as a clear example of how not to treat your customers in recession times today.
Thanks for reading my review.

3  Thank Geemax738

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Visited at 9pm on a Wednesday evening and the maitre d'hotel was happy to accommodate our request to change tables. A new table was laid out for us but we had to move ourselves after an awkward wait for the waiters to inform us it was okay to move. We ordered promptly and we're served 25 minutes later, which we were happy with as the restaurant was very busy. However a lot of our food was cold. The chips were dry, chicken and lamb in the starter combo cold. The lamb Biriani was full of flavour but personally I found it a little spicy. Lamb chops were absolutely superb. Halfway through our meal they started blaring out a remixed happy birthday song - this shouldn't be so loud as to disturb even diner in the restaurant. Would return to give it another chance and to have lamb chops..

2  Thank Jameshider675
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Ive been coming to this restaurant over the past few years...but today it really took the biscuit...came here with my kids to have a nice meal on mothers day...and spend some time with them...but what happened...ill tell you now...i was waiting in the queue for an hour and funny enough people at the back of the queue were pushing in...cos the management was giving them the empty tables without a single thought for the peope at the front of the queue...normally people who are in front of the queue go first...isnt that how the queue system works...i guess not for these guys...so eventually we got in ordered our food and we are waiting to eat...and by this time its been over 2 1/2 hours and ive got my kids with me who are starving...now theres a family of 6 people who are sitting opposite me and they came in half an hour after us and guess what theyre getting their food and so are other customers who have come after us.. And still no sign of our food...i complained 3 times and they shrugged it off...i ended up walking out of there in the end....and yes i did give them a piece of my mind...will i ever go back there i think not...ruined my evening!!!!

1  Thank Melbi1977
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Very good indian restaurant in Birmingham, i took basmati rice with chicken and sauce..simply delicious..staff is very professional and polite!

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

The food is at a high standard but the service is rubbish. The waiters rush you to eat and leave. There's no customer service skills and seems to be like a circus. The management need consider employee new staff and focusing on building a loyal customer base. You pay high prices yet you can never enjoy your food at your own pace.