“Huge menu and generous portions”
Review of Chung Ying Garden

Chung Ying Garden
Ranked #212 of 2,206 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$18 - US$74
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chung Ying Garden is one of the largest and most popular Chinese Restaurant in the Midlands. Established since 1987Genuine Cantonese cuisine, recommended by most good food guidesWalking distances to: * "New Street” Railway station & City Centre * Hippodrome, Alexandra and Old Rep theatres * BullRing & MailBox (Iconic shopping) * Radisson Blu Hotel/Beetham Tower * Arcadian Centre (nightlife central) * Circus Casino & Oceana NightclubExtensive menu and vegetarian options. Children welcome
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“Huge menu and generous portions”
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Came here after a work with my husband for a late supper. We were seated at about 9.45.
The service was polite and unobtrusive. And even though it was late we didn't feel rushed at all.
We ordered salt and chilli ribs and Peking wings for starters. The portions were massive and they were very tasty. We probably should've just ordered one and shared to be honest.
For mains we had beef with ginger and spring onion and chilli prawns and two rice. These were very tasty and again huge generous portions. Half the amount would have been fine.
Two beers and two wines. And the total bill came to £55.
I thought this was fair considering the epic size of the portions. If we went again we'd order less.
The restaurant is clean but the decor is a bit dated.
A decent option and good food. Probably better suited to large informal groups or casual nights out for couples and family rather than special occasions or formal business dinners.
I'd happily go back again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Ideal for lunch before a theatre matinee”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I stopped off for a quick lunch before going to a matinee theatre performance. The restaurant is conveniently located between The Hippodrome and New Alexandra Theatre. The service was prompt, chinese menu extensive, and food quite reasonable.

• Visited April 2014
Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Food Revelation”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been here on several occasions with work colleagues (my manager is Taiwanese). He absolutely loves the place and ever seen he took me the first time I fell in love. I think about there fish cakes all the time, all of their dumplings on the menu are to die for. I have given up meat and fish for lent and the only thing I have been craving is there food. The first thing I will be doing is going here, I can't wait!!!

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“lovely food”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

It was so nice to go to a restaurant that was not a buffet!!! It was freshly prepared foods of the menu. We had a set meal including chicken, prawns and beef. It was not an issue to change one of the dishes due to dietary requirements. The food was lovely, quantities generous and reasonably priced. It was not a problem to take the remaining foods home which made it even more value for money. I will be going back and would definitely recommend.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nice chinese food !”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have been there once with friends and family

Its really good and nice atmosphere

Lovely chinese food and cooked very speedy

Friendly staff and good location.

Will go there again soon

• Visited October 2013