“Authentic Vietnamese food”
Review of Song Tuoi

Song Tuoi
Ranked #803 of 2,497 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We ate here early on a Friday evening and it wasn’t busy. A pretty extensive menu, mains for about a tenner.

We had summer rolls and prawn crackers for starter. Both flavoursome, summer rolls were properly herby. There was plenty of more interesting stuff on the menu but we weren’t pigging out.

Bun cha (a favourite anyway) was pretty much bang on, better than I imagined a bun cha in the uk could be. Crispy spring roll, noodles, herbs, pork and a patty in broth. Compared to the original, they didn’t have the full range of herbs but it was still a generous pile. Also no dipping sauce, but I can’t mark them down because we didn’t ask.

We also had beef pho noodles, certainly up there with Cafe Soya. And they’ve got Hanoi and Saigon beer.

We will definitely return when we need a Vietnam fix.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Very good food, service and friendly atmosphere will definitely come here again love Vietnamese food and drink and Vietnam.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Do not really want to be critical as I enjoyed my meal and would return but this place has room for improvement. The food was was good and reasonably priced but the atmosphere was slightly lacking, I could not fault the staff for effort but delivery was slightly lacking. I guess you could call it perfectly authentic as it is exactly the service I would expect in S E Asia, very well meaning but somehow something always gets lost in translation.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

The rice rolls and papaya salad here are amazing... the menu is huge and everything I've had (3 visits now) has been delicious. Feel absolutely spoiled for choice, although I agree with another reviewer that the lemongrass chicken didn't have a lemongrass flavour/fragrance as expected.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Authentic Vietnamese restaurent in Birmingham. Some food is really really nice . I visit here quite often