“Lovely, not sure why it wasn't busier!”

Ulysses Greek Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ulysses Greek Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #230 of 2,321 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$24 - US$33
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on Bristol Street in Birmingham, Ulysees is a bright and vibrant Greek themed restaurant perfect for parties and fun meals with friends. The fantastically kitsch dining room - with colourful frescoed walls and plaster columns - is home to belly dancers, disco music and a live bouzouki band. Classic Greek dishes such as moussaka - layers of potatoes, courgettes and minced beef topped with bechamel; keftedes - meatballs in a rich tomato herb sauce; and chicken souvlaki marinated in olive oil and lemon juice; are served alongside the finest organic wines from the Pelopennese. Popular for birthdays, hen's nights, corporate events and office parties, Ulysees is a unique and entertaining venue for memorable nights out. FREE CAR PARKING
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My boyfriend and I had a lovely experience of Ulysses Greek Restaurant. We chose to dine here as it is part of the Tastecard scheme, and we went on a Tuesday night. When we arrived, we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff, and we were led to our seats. However, we were the only diners in the whole of the restaurant, but I am not sure why, because the service was fantastic, and the food was lovely, very different to anything else you can find in the city. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others if you're looking for something a bit different.

1  Thank Victoireee92

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Wow what a great night we had here last night. We found this place by searching trip advisor for a Greek restaurant in Birmingham and it came up with this gem.

There were a couple of hen parties in and the dance floor was rocking. The DJ Andreas was such a great guy we ended up chatting to him and the owners till the early hours just not wanting to leave.

The food was excellent. Very good portions and all freshly made and very filling and authentic.

There was a belly dancer, Anna-Maria, during the evening who was very good and got the tables involved.

It was a lovely evening and we will certainly return again when we come to Birmingham.

Thank you to Panos, Kathy and Andreas for making the evening so special.

2  Thank Tony_and_Kay
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Came here for a surprise birthday celebration with my fiancée and great friends from Exeter, Cambridge and Derby. Everybody had a great time. The food was excellent, felt like I was back in Greece on my hols. They also served Mythos which was a great bonus! The live music, belly dancer and "disco" was great. Everybody from all the other parties tables joined in the fun and everyone had a laugh and big grins. The staff were some of the best people and nothing was too much trouble for them. A big thank you to Panos, Catherine, Nikos et al for a wonderful time.

2  Thank JohnnoBCFC51
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We went there for my mum's birthday celebration.There was another big group celebrating birthday as well. Food was good and the service was great. The best part was the live music, really good and a lot of dancing! My mum was very pleased with my choice of restaurant so overall a great experience. Thank you!!!

2  Thank Samantha S
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I've been at the Ulysses with my girlfriend tonight. We both love Greek food and we both experienced authentic traditional Greek food in Greece. Even if we tried different other restaurants across Europe we never have been able to find the authentic flavours until tonight.
We had a very special night thanks to a warm service and an amazing quality dinner. All the dishes we tried tasted exactly the same of the ones we had in Greece.
Thank you for the lovely night!

1  Thank Emilio R