“Cool place!”

Ranked #439 of 2,195 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$25 - US$25
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Transit: 5 Minutes from city centre , main train station Birmingham New Street . Bus outside main roads
“Cool place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Excellent food, fun atmosphere, great night. Highly recommend it! You can chose to have the food cooked in front of you and you all sit around or you can sit elsewhere and be served. it was fun watching them cook and they got people up to help. Service was excellent and it was good value, not cheap but what you would expect to pay.

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Super Sushi Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

This is a modernist restaurant at the base of the Cube having moved from the Mailbox.
The sushi are varied and fresh without too much wasabi. A particularly good noodle dish was available. They serve Ashahi beer.
I have been to the predecessor many times and this is just as good.
I haven't had a formal meal but certainly will try it out when next entertaining clients.
The staff are pleasant and attentive but not intrusive.
Best sushi I have had in the area.

Visited February 2014
“Absolutely tasteless”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I took my wide here for a night out and whilst the atmosphere was good and the service ok the food was completely tasteless, it cost nearly £100 with no alcohol we would have has a tastier meal at the locAl takeaway.
Very vary disapointing

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Gazandkim
Chichester, England, United Kingdom
“Too much show, too little substance!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

This restaurant has recently moved from the Mailbox to the Cube and has got bigger!

This is entertainment for all the family and as such Saturday evening is packed and very noisy.

Service was a bit chaotic with our food being given to another couple around the table. In fairness the sushi and sashimi were excellent but the set Tepanyaki "meal" was pretty uninteresting. And at £50 per head, it was no bargain.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best sushi buffet I've tried! Better than others we've tried”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Been here a couple of times with my girlfriend, loved it every time.

Atmosphere and layout is quite nice: it is quite spacious and quite relaxing to be in! The service is quite friendly, though sometimes they could be quite busy, but my girlfriend and I are generally patient people so it wasn't much of a hassle for us. The owner seems to like a good chat. Generally quite nice people!

The food is simply quite amazing. My girlfriend and I are massive salmon fans and the salmon there is amazing. The choices, to be fair, isn't the widest of ranges. But the salmon really does offset it. We have at least 8-9 plates of salmon alone.

The value, I think (out of my love for salmon), is amazing. It can be quite pricey, at £18 per person, but I honestly think it's a once in a while treat. It really is worth it.

Definitely our favourite place in Birmingham. I've tried to look for similar deals in London but have so far failed to do so. We love this place!

• Visited January 2014