“Good Buffet”

Ranked #571 of 2,678 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Whichever Buffet Island restaurant you may chose, be sure to experience memorable, all-inclusive dining. Our extensive menu is regularly reviewed to offer you a wide selection of exciting dishes. Come along, relax, sip a drink and pick from a variety of lovingly prepared specialties. You can also explore our rich drinks menu featuring excellent refreshments to further add to your enjoyment.
Reviewed 23 October 2018

We visited for buffet just after opening time, which is probably the best time to go. It's not to busy, easy to find car parking spaces, and all the food has just been cooked fresh and hasn't sat around for a long time.

The food itself was hot and tasty, and there was a good selection of hot dishes to choose from. Always love the duck and pancakes, which is usually an expensive item, so load up on these to make me feel like i've got my moneys worth of food lol.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

Just been to buffet island and don't think disabled people should have to go downstairs for their food, like my wife and I was, also another family with a disable person was there tonight. Other than that the food was nice, very friendly staff and very clean

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

The food selection is not huge but very well cooked. The food was hot.Very corteous staff. The place is kept clean even though it was a busy Sunday afternoon. Ample parking outside. It's in a former pub so the layout of the restaurant is not standard for a Chinese buffet. The service is really good.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 October 2018

Both my partner and I have been going to Buffet Island for 5+ years They used to be Mussels in shells and prawns and good selection of hot food but it now has become "terrible" No mussels, No prawns, Tepanniaki is rarely on. Its a real shame as this place has HIT THE PITS, I asked my partner where she wanted to go for her birthday and she said anywhere but BUFFET ISLAND. Every time we go theirs an excuse why things are so bad. The last time we went I asked for my money back and got told "NO" BE WARNED ... Don't Go... Your regret it,

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve come to buffet island so many times and I can honestly say it’s such a great authentic Chinese buffet. I went with my partner the other day around 7pm and the food was hot and fresh food continued to come out. Wasn’t a time when we had to ask for more food etc like other buffets. It is smaller than Ming moon and other restaurants however there are two locations for this buffet in Birmingham. They have plenty of seating area and a salad bar! Definitely recommend the salt and pepper chips! The best creation ever!