“Proper place to sleep for a low price”
Review of Gables Nest

Gables Nest
and 1 more site!
Gables Nest
Ranked #16 of 54 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Booked this hotel for a short stay in Birmingham (visiting a football match), its high recommendation and low price convinced me to stay here. It's a typical old English guesthouse, with just a few rooms and a caring hostess. Guesthouse is located near a road with a direct busline to the city centre. The breakfast was good. Only the bed was a bit wobbly.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Great B & B, very friendly. Near main road so a little noisy but other than that, great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My second stay with Mal was same as the first ... very good experience. The place is clean, Mal is very nice and friendly and her breakfast is splendid. The rooms are small (but that is quite normal in UK), but very nicely furnished and free WiFi available. Ideal location for NEC, Birmingham airport as well as town centre. Parking is available free of charge, in front of the house. Will definitely come again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2011

it is one off the best B & B I have ever stayed at they are very very friendly they made us feel as if we was at home My 2 childrens are 3 and 2 and they loved every minute and loved talking to mal about all they did on our trip to drayton manor which is not very far by car very very loverly place very clean and very tidy but did not mind with the children will defo go back the kids want to go back

Room Tip: we had the family room loads of space for 4 people
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I stayed the Saturday night so I could go to the Gardener's world live show on the Sunday. Marilyn was VERY friendly, informative, helpful and was just generally wonderful. She had so much information and she recommended a buffet restaurant (Peachy Keen) which was within walking distance which was FANTASTIC, she even gave me a leaflet for the restaurant which got me money off my meal-bonus! I'd booked the single room with the bathroom outside the room. When I first arrived she told me that she'd upgraded me to the twin with the en-suite as she felt this was better for a lone female. The breakfast was lovely and was cooked incredibly fast. I'd be incredibly happy to stay here again as I felt so safe and secure.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Stayed at Gables Nest on 12th November with my husband and 2 young children. It is a ideally located for the NEC and airport. On arrival we were greeted by Marilyn, the owner, who made us feel very welcome. We stayed in the family room which was spacious and comfortable. Generous sized bathroom with lots of hot water. The breakfast was lovely and hot and the children had been asked the night before what they liked so requests could be dealt with. Marilyn recommended a restaurant/pub within walking distance (SpiceBuffet) which served predominately Asian and Oriental cuisine with some European. Buffet style with some cooked on request and a 10/10 to Marilyn for this recommendation as it suited our mixed tastes as a family. Look forward to future stays at Gable Nest when we next visit the NEC.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rubysaab
Reviewed 26 September 2010

My wife and I had a fabulous two nights at Gables Nest. Marilyn and John looked after us in style. Great breakfast to start the day with and good information on local buses to get you around. They and their family were great to chat with even though their son barracks for the wrong Birmingham football team. Go Villa. Would definitely stay again if we are ever in Birmingham.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple