“Hotel From Hell”

Ranked #113 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Hotel From Hell”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stay here at your peril.
There are windows boarded up the car park is a disgrace & certainly not secure.
This takes basic to a whole new level.
Only suitable from tramps, dossers and 3rd rate women of the night (to be honest I think they would rather work on the pavement)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank David H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Devon
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Well what an interesting weekend!!!! I thought I would take my partner to Birmingham, so booked NEC tickets and Prime Lodge!!! To start off with it was a nightmare to find, driving down the hill around the corner, I said "there it is". The front was disgusting, graffiti on the side, I thought oh no please dont tell me this is it. There was a sign saying "secured 24hr car park around the rear". On entering the carpark, there was a sign saying "cars parked at owners risk"!! with rubbish stacked up in the middle, definitely not secure!. My partner just described this as a recycling centre!!! As well as this, there were graffiti everywhere, it was disgusting. The windows out the back all had bars across them, was this to stop the theifs getting in or the guests getting out??

We sat in the car contemplating what do to. Our words to each other were "we are not staying here, to wake up in the morning with no car!!"

How do you find your way in? Well the entrance (at the back) was a fire door (no handle), with Reception over the top and a buzzer. On ringing the buzzer, a lady came to the door and invited me in. On entering the reception it was absolutely disgusting, dark, dingy, smelly and the white door behind the counter was foul. Thinking on my feet, I told the lady we could not stay, as we had been called back home. We did get charged £27, but rather pay that then spend a night in a grotty room, coming out in the morning with no car!

Seriously a homeless shelter is more appealing. This establishment should be CLOSED DOWN IMMEDIATELY by the Local Authorities. NEVER TO OPEN AGAIN. We as English people have set better standards than this.

Unfortunately I had to give this place a rating, but it was 10 times worse than Terrible. Looking at the reviews of here today 30+ terrible, surely the City Council should be loooking at this. I am going to complain to them aswell.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Lisa C

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Dorchester
Reviewed 1 October 2012

A group of 3 went for a night out in Birmingham, cheap accomodation no tfrills was what we were after.. And were not dissapointed! Not as bad as we were expecting after reading a few reviews; maybe they change the sheets for a Saturday night! Rooms were basic, TV, tea and coffee (didn't try that) and clean. Bed's also clean, though the plastic under the sheets never going to give a good nights sleep! We checked out the rooms before handing over our cash, and that was no problem.. Or surprise according to the man on reception!

It looks rough, bars on the windows, no handle from the car park and it's never going to win luxury awards.. But, its £6 in a cab from town and we had no problems. Don't go there if you are a family, expecting a romantic break or are planning on spending much time in the room! OK for what we were after though.

Room Tip: Check it out before you pay.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank James W
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Youth hostels are so much cleaner!
On arrival we were greeted by an unwelcoming group of men offering to sell drugs outside the hotel entrance (fire door) which was very intimidating and frightening.
Then to walk through to reception were the ceiling was caving in, and the smell made me retch. To a dark enclosed room were we stood for half an hour waiting to shown to our room.
Eventually we were shown to our room were the ceiling, walls, skirting boards and carpet were covered in black mould, it was foul!
To top off the final experience my boyfriend walked into the bathroom were he slipt on a cracked floor tile and sliced his foot open! So we had to spend our remaining time in Birmingham in A & E !!!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Stephanielouise93
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Please, Please do not stay there.
Very Very Poor, I am asian the hotel is run by Asians very very substandard. Can’t even imagine how we spent 10 minutes there.
Could not stay in the room for more than 10 minutes, they have charged two night stay from me they are crook, doing a day light robbery. Better if they can earn money through other illegal means.
Totally unacceptable , making mockery of innocent people.
Dampness Smell, pungent smell, it stinks , this is not a hotel this is an old den.
The websites should not advertise them they are helping them to make money I am gonna make official complaint to Birmingham city council.
DO NOT GO There.

Room Tip: do not go please avoid the hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Abid-5-6-11
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The "hotel" is located in inner City Birmingham and has bars on the windows to prevent break-ins at night. To enter you have to ring a bell and wait while you are viewed on camera. The rooms are filthy with mould growing everywhere. The electrical sockets are hanging off the walls and the pipes drip water through the roof. They wont serve bacon in the mornings due to their religion and the whole place is in a run down state with rubbish stacked up to the rear. In a nut shell, this is by far the worst place (never mind a hotel) that I have ever had the misfortune to stay in

Room Tip: Do not stay here, EVER!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris B
Manchester
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

Driving past the hotel on the series of endless round abouts I seriously thought the sat nav was on the blink. The hotel looked like an neglected homeless shelter. Caged windows and unsavoury surroundings, not the most appealing of welcomes. I'll skip the entrance hall and car park, other reviews cover these downfalls well enough, the rooms deserve some explanation. The walls were not only stained with rap but with other muck and residue from god knows what what's window will had not sermon sp much as a can of pledge and the bathroom was a disgrace. The filth, mould, scum and actual [--] stains in the loo was appalling. It's a pity the hotel's owners have such friendly staff because they certainly do not deserve them.

• Stayed June 2012