“Brillaint little apartment bang slap in the middle of Brum”

Staying Cool at the Rotunda
Ranked #1 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here the night after our wedding before flying out for our honeymoon from Birmingham airport the next morning. It was superbly situated - we came out of Birmingham New St and it was literally right in front of us, and only then a 15 minute train journey to the airport. It's rioght in the middle of lots of shops and restaurants, but without any of the noise. It was a great apartment; compact but with everything you need, and all the nice little quirky touches that made us book it in the first place. The view was sensational (especially when it got dark) and it helped us realise where we were going as you could see all the streets below! Danny at the front desk was really friendly and helpful and the emailing had all been very efficient, too. They scattered rose petals in the shape of a heart on our bed, which was a lovely touch. Things like really make a difference. We would definitely recommend the place and stay here again when we're next in Brum.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2012

stayed in one of the apartments for 6 weeks...after considering the pros and cons of apartments found that apartments are a much better alternative to staying in a hotel

place was clean... some problems with the telly and inventory but apart from that everything tip top

dont remember which floor we were on but the building had great views of city centre and further afield.... even though most of its grey. the flats have full floor to ceiling windows and a fully opening patio door

free wifi... freeview telly in bedrooms... access to internet/telly/music through apple computer .... complimentary toiletries and kitchen stuff... also a load of oranges to use in the juicer

there is parking... was an optional extra

anyways would stay again

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Bhaisabs F
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Great location, great check-in staff, amazing view, excellent extras in the room (all Waitrose and/or organic stuff)... beds very comfortable!

The room was very slightly scuffed round the edges - one light didn't work and the ice tray mentioned in the 'room guide' was absent - but overall this place is practically perfect!

Room Tip: I booked the cheapest (and smallest) room and it would have been fine for a couple. Even on the 19th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank BristolGlassy
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

This is mine and my partner's second time statying at Staying cool at the rotunda and I can honestly say that both time it had been an amazing experience!

The location is fabulous-in the city where there are loads of high streets shops and places to eat a stone's throw away.

The apartments provide all the things stated on their website, this includes, sky tv, apple tv, an iPod docking station, etc.
Thr apartments look as they do on the website, absolute perfection!

Like I said I've stayed here twice and each time I'm there I love it more.
Can't wait to go again!

P.s. the staff are very polite and friendly!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Can't fault the experience from booking, to checking in (Danny is fab as other people have commented!) to the room, the view, the location etc. First trip to Birmingham in many years, and will definitely stay here again next time we're there. Can't speak highly enough of it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NeilPike
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Comfortable home from home but this is an apartment and not a hotel. Staff on the reception were friendly and helpful, we did have some internet issues with both our own laptops, which was resolved quite quickly and with the imac which wasn't able to be sorted before we left. The kitchen was better than mine at home with everything from washing machine, dishwasher through to coffee machine. We found the apartment very very warm! but it was the middle of August! but even with all the windows open, it was uncomfortable. It was also too noisy to sleep with the windows open so it got even hotter at bedtime! very modern, very stylish and fantastic views and right in the middle of the city centre. however every time we left or came back to the building we were harassed by homeless people asking for money! I was also slightly freaked by the dead rat in the car park but it was removed before we returned to the car in the morning. Nice place to stay would especially good for business people wanting more of a home than a hotel room, however if i'm honest i prefer the hotel experience and for the price( which we didn't pay as it was a gift from sister who won it) i would like a pool and spa and resturant and bar!! but that is personal choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sally R
TraceyStayingCool, Owner at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Hi Sally,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall, we are sorry to hear that your experience of Birmingham itself was not as good. Car parks are not usually the nicest places in the world but to find a dead rat is indeed disturbing- I will pass this on to the car park's management.

I'm delighted to hear the kitchen and decor was to your liking.

We're sorry to hear the apartment was a little warm, we have fans available on request from Reception.

As a serviced apartment company based in a residential building, we don't have the amenities of a large hotel such as a pool or restaurant in the building- we do have fantastic restaurants and facilities on our doorstep however, which we can personally and impartially recommend.

I would like to thank you again for your review and the lovely photos.

Best Wishes,
Tracey.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Blog review: http://abiadores.tumblr.com/

For my partner’s birthday I was looking for somewhere a little bit different to stay in Birmingham. It needed to be something with a WOW factor, something central and something affordable, which normally is pretty much impossible.

This was until I came across Staying Cool at the Rotunda. After doing my research reading other people’s reviews on trip advisor and other sites I decided to book a mini studio suite for £99. This is why: Free fast Wi-Fi, Apple Mac entertainment system with iTunes, iPod dock, Sky TV, pocket-sprung mattresses with memory foam (heavenly), hand-blended aromatherapy spa products, well-equipped Poggenpohl kitchen with dishwasher and washer / dryer, Gaggia espresso machine with fresh coffee & local milk, oranges for the juicer – what more could you want?

After booking I received a welcome email detailing everything I needed to know about my stay. I also noticed I missed the free parking offer off my order, I replied to the welcome email asking if there was any way this could be included and had a response within 10 minutes saying this would be added for me. Top class customer service.

Here is a selection of photos from my stay, including a snippet of the food I managed to rustle up in the kitchen. If you are thinking about booking this hotel then don’t hestitate booking it. If you have already booked this hotel and are just browsing then enjoy your stay!

Pros:

Exceptional Customer Service – friendly, attentive and responsive.

Incredible views

Added extras

Great kitchen

Cons What could be improved:

Fan provided for when it’s hot (for these muggy summer evening.)

Lots of marks on the carpet and walls in our particular room (that’s if I’m being really picky)

Oven Gloves

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Abby,

Thank you so much for your great blog review- you truly are a social media star.

You are not the only guest to have not found the oven gloves- they are in the drawer below the oven- we may have to look into moving them.

We are so happy you had a good time, the secret Ed Sheeran concert must have been amazing. We welcome you back with open arms next time you are in Birmingham.

Best Wishes,