Staying Cool at the Rotunda
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness centre
1,025 results
All reviewsthe penthousesky tvmini apartmentfloor to ceiling windowsmilk in the fridgeclubman apartmenticonic buildingelectric juicerespresso machineipod dockbull ringmemory foamliving areathese apartmentsserviced apartmentlovely apartmentlittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Suprised my partner with a stay here at the Rotunda and it was by far amazing. Hotel very modern and the rooms are excellent. The view from the room was outstanding, glass front is an excellent idea. Beds extremely comfortable and there is more than enough extras in the room for an excellent stay.

Room Tip: The higher you are, better view :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
TraceyStayingCool, Owner at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Dear Tara0405

What a lovely treat for your partner. Yes those floor to ceiling windows (that open) are spectacular - I never tire of appreciating the view when I stay each week.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

My partner and I had been wanting to stay here for a while so when I bought tickets to a gig in Birmingham it was the perfect excuse, and meant we weren't out the room that long to enjoy it.

We stayed in a clubman on the 19th floor and had great views over the city which got better as the light started to fade. The living area was spacious, the couch comfortable, free wifi for the iPad (we didn't use their computer so can't comment on that) although we did nealy have to leave a DVD in the machine after struggling to find out how to remove it- could be due to the early morning and hangover though!

The bathroom was great and as we like baths together, loved the taps being in the middle - just dont forget the candles! The kitchen had everything we needed for the night and I could well imagine you wouldn't need much more if you lived there.

The sliding door/window in the living area was great for fresh air and despite being so high up, and it being November, wasn't windy or too cold and allowed us to hear the noises of the city and buskers in the street.

Although the bedroom is small, there is a wardrobe but opening is tricky - watch out for false nails and those handles, not the best match - the bed with the view is great and had a good nights sleep.

Overall we loved this place and it was everything we wanted and expected for what we paid. We'd definitely come back here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello Fluff1704

We all really enjoyed reading your review, especially as you had wanted to stay with us for some time and thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. You will have to try a view on the other side of the building next time.

The handles on the wardrobes can be stiff, I agree. It is on our wish list of items to replace at some point.

Many thanks again for writing the review. Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

I have been using the Rotunda for 8 months now on a regular basis as we have a large project in Birmingham, the apartments are excellent.

I recently came up with my family for a weekend of shopping and used the Penthouse which was lovely and my daughter loved the 'kids pack' that was left in the room for her.

All the staff are great, Tracey and her team have always looked after me.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
TraceyStayingCool, Owner at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Hello Neil 839

Many thanks for your kind words about Rotunda and our fantastic team there. You must have almost qualified by now for your complimentary stay at our Barcelona apartment given the number of times you have stayed!

We love it when our regular business guess return with their families at the weekend and we were really pleased to hear that your daughter liked her Cool for Kids goodies.

Until next time.

Reviewed 13 November 2012 via mobile

My partner surprised me with a night here while in Birmingham for the day.
It was more than perfect - the views stunning, beds comfy, space ample, staff couldn't do enough to help (stayed with our toddler who got free goodies on arrival which went down very well!)
All the mod cons you could think of and more. Iphone/Pad/pod accessories, Milk in the fridge, fresh coffee and cereals, oranges for the juicer - these guys have thought of everything which make your stay just that much more relaxing/ enjoyable.
You can't park 'on site' as its in the middle of the bullring but parking is near and cheap and its amazing to walk out of the absolutely silent, stylish reception area into the buzzing shopping centre straight away.
It succeeded in making me feel like a million dollars on my birthday so worth every penny - thank you

• Stayed: August 2012
TraceyStayingCool, Owner at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Hello FJIWilson

Many thanks for your lovely resume of your 'Cool for Kids' birthday stay with us. We are all very pleased that you all had such a good time with us and enjoyed all your apartment freebies.

For the benefit of future guests, we do have limited parking underneath the building too so do ask about that when you book.

We do hope we will see you all again very soon. Thanks again.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

The reception by the staff was excellent and helpful, and the apartment was a joy. The views from the apartment are stunning. I just wish I could have spent a week there; I certainly intend to return in the future.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Hello Yarnsplicer

We were all delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much that you want to return for longer next time. We very much look forward to looking after you again.