“excellent quality”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“excellent quality”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed in the 2 bed apartment with a friend while we seeing a concert at the NIA. Excellent service, lovely helpful concierge gave us takeaway deliver menus, pointed us to taxi rank etc.. First class accommodation, plenty of room, good quality toiletries, towels, bedding etc. Nice & quiet considering the excellent central location. Good extras such as coffee machine with fresh coffee, fresh milk & oranges for the juicer.
slight let down, dirty plates etc in dishwasher from previous guest & there was a slight strange smell. Cleared once we had opened the windows for a while, not sure what it was, like something had been spilt somewhere.
All in all, excellent, will defo stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
StayingCool_Rotunda, General Manager at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
HI 2TrippersLondon

It's really great to here you enjoyed your stay with us (and hopefully the concert).

I'm extremely sorry you had to empty the dishwasher yourself - this is not the way we normally do things. If you have the time it would be great if you could let me know the date of your stay and I'll look into this for you.

I'm very pleased to hear this didn't put you off overall, do let me know directly if you plan a return visit, we'd love the chance to apologise properly.

Thanks again.
Best wishes
Gavin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed at the rotunda whilst in birmingham to celebrate our daughters first birthday with family who live locally. We can honestly say this is the best place we have stayed in the city and wider area (and we visit alot!).

From first contact the Rotunda team were extremely helpful, providing a cot for our little one as I had left ours in the hall on the way out at home!

The apartment was spotless with every amenity you could want for a young family including a washing machine, and the views were incredible especially in the evening. We had planned to eat out but decided to get ourselves some takeout and eat in the appartment so we could enjoy the spectacular views why the baby slept.

In addition to the free amenities within the room the stay was topped off by the wonderful and very thoughtful gift that the team gave my daughter for her birthday, along with a card wishing her a lovely trip.

We will definatly be back very soon and have advised all the family to do the same when visiting the area. Real top class find!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Hi TheWhites2014

We're all so pleased you chose to spend such a special occasion with us.

We really do love to look after families and the little gifts really are our pleasure. We are continually reviewing our family offer, so if there's anything more you think we can do, please get in touch.

The apartments really are a great base in the city, especially when travelling with the little ones.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

With best wishes
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

From the moment we arrived the staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, the apartment was fantastic and the location is second to none. Cannot wait to go back, which thankfully is not too far off!!

• Stayed March 2014
Hi SiDemps

Many thanks for your lovely review - the team also send thanks for your very kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Birmingham
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The pictures on here and their own site reflect accurately the funky decor and amazing views.
Loved the Illy coffee and oranges to juice, great location, amazing night's sleep (we stayed over a weekend and were surprised how little street noise there was - the occasional "bing bong" from New Street was oddly comforting.

Bathrobes were a nice touch.

Will definitely return. Thanks guys.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HI PaulHR_BRM

Thanks for sharing the feedback on your stay.

It sounds like you had a great weekend (I too like to leave the window open for the New Street 'Bing-bong'...).

We're glad you made the most of the coffee and the oranges, gives you a little longer to lounge around in the morning.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best
England
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed in one of the Roadster Penthouses at Staying Cool's Rotunda building last week. It completely had the Wow-factor for me. After a hard day of meetings I just wanted to stay in and chill out and do a bit of work. It was a complete home from home (having said that, I don't have 20th floor panoramic views from my real home). The fast wifi, well equipped kitchen etc made it all entirely possible and then to be able to flop on the sofa and watch TV was a real treat. This place has a lot of plusses over a hotel and I'd highly recommend it.

The bed was super comfy and the fresh oranges for breakfast juice were a lovely touch. I'm looking for a reason to go back now!

Room Tip: Treat yourself, go for the best room you can afford and stay in - (& maybe entertain!) it's...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hi maidenvoyagedotcom

Thanks again for the feedback on your recent stay.

We do love the penthouse apartments, the extra space and the balcony are fab for making the most of your stay (especially when the sun is shinning as much as it is today).

The home-from-home feel is something we spent a lot of time on during the early stages of Staying Cool and something we continually develop throughout the year.

We'd love to see you again soon. Do let me know if there is anything else you need.

Warwickshire
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Situated on New Street / next to The Bullring, you can't get much more central. Note, this does mean that there is no on-site parking - you'll have to carry your bags through the shopping centre / street to get to reception. (See note below about parking costs).

Check-in staff / Concierge were very helpful and friendly: We arrived early, left our bags with them and found that our bags had been taken to our room when we returned later.

The room felt a little tired, with worn carpets and marked walls. However, everything was clean and the kitchen facilities are great (fresh oranges in the fridge with an electric juicer in the kitchen, facilities to make Illy coffee etc.).

The shower is only partially enclosed, so you will end up with a very wet bathroom!

I suspect that noise levels vary by room. We were in 1910 which is sandwiched between 2 x banks of lifts. I don't know about other floors, but would suggest that 1901-1905 would've been quieter rooms.

An added bonus is that you can exchange your Bullring parking ticket for a "single-exit" ticket. This means that parking for the entire stay only costs £9.50, even if you choose to carry on shopping in Birmingham after you've checked out of the hotel.

This was our 1st time in Rotunda, having been long-term fans of Malmaison. For the money, I think that MM still has the edge, but it was great to have tried something different.

Final comment - the floor-to-ceiling windows can be opened fully. There is a glass balustrade, but it is still a little disconcerting to be able to lean out of a 19th floor window!

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the lifts.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TerryMWarwickshire
Hi TerryMWarwickshire

Many thanks for such a detailed review. We really do appreciate the time it takes.

You may have seen from a couple of my recent replies that we are currently working through a redecorating programme - which will take away the tired look and bring the space back to the standard of the facilities you enjoyed in your apartment.

We really do love being able to open the windows, it adds a little extra to the wow factor of the views in the evening.

We're pleased you also managed to make the most of the extra parking time, it really does make up for not being able to park directly under the building.

We would love to see you again in the future, do let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Best wishes
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Finding the perfect hotel or apartment can be a stressful task, so Staying Cool is definitely the place to be! Birmingham's iconic Rotunda tower stands in the very heart of Birmingham's city centre core, overlooking every angle of England's first class city for we won't stand for second place. I stayed at Staying Cool Birmingham just last week and I tell you its more than just a room with a view!

Drop those bags and forget about the stress, stay cool by making a cup of tea or even a hot chocolate from the wide range of complimentary options that are available in kitchen. I stayed in a 'Mini' apartment, a perfectly balanced studio that boasts all of the necessary appliances and home comforts that are available at Staying Cool. Take things easy by using the microwave for a four minute wonder meal or cook your own gourmet choice for the appliances located within the kitchen area are perfect for whatever the occasion may be. I'm more a microwave meal or take-out guy when I'm away from home but its all about choosing that personal option at Staying Cool. More of a coffee person? Then brew yourself a cup of freshly brewed coffee from the state-of-art Gaggia Espresso Machine to quench those coffee cravings.

Fast forward to the morning after the night before, did Birmingham provide a eventful night for you? Or does business call? Either way I highly recommend that a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice could be the perfect cure to kick-start the day. Check the fridge for the key ingredients for a refreshing breakfast accompaniment. Hotel breakfasts can be so stuffy and just that bit too early so keep things at your own pace at Staying Cool Birmingham. Do you always forget to buy a pint of milk from the supermarket? There's no need to worry for there's a bottle of organic milk sat waiting in the fridge for you, so a steaming pot of earl grey breakfast tea can be enjoyed hassle free. I woke up to a flavoursome bowl of muesli as I watched the sunrise over Birmingham's city centre, something I that I haven't experienced at any other Birmingham based accommodation! Like I said before stressing isn't allowed at Staying Cool for everything is covered!

Be at one with Birmingham because city life can get quite hectic at times so let the view transport you somewhere calmer. This West Midland city is truly unrated for the skyline that Staying Cool presents is truly something to be proud of! Don't listen to what the whispers say! My studio apartment at Staying Cool was on the 19th floor, a head for heights isn't needed because the view is truly amazing. I loved watching the city pass me by, being relaxed whilst everyone else hurried around the Bullring shopping area of Birmingham was a sight to see! When night falls the city of Birmingham comes alive with a million lights, even the traffic looks picturesque here in Birmingham. If your room faces the Bullring and Digbeth area then look closely to the left side after sunset for I saw the bright lights of Birmingham Airport! Staying Cool at the Rotunda is definitely more than just a room with an sensational view!

Getting to the Rotunda is hassle free, meeting in the middle with both Moor Street and New Street stations makes connections from other provincial UK locations effortless. If you're flying into Birmingham Airport there is a efficient rail service from Birmingham International train station to Birmingham New Street station so being a International traveler doesn't have to be a problem when considering Staying Cool at Rotunda, Birmingham. Need I be so dismissive that Birmingham Coach Station stands mere minutes away from the Rotunda so choosing National Express could be another transport option because missing out on a night or two at Staying Cool, Birmingham would be utter foolishness! If your stay isn't just business then Staying Cool is at the centre of the action with close connections to Birmingham's Chinatown and nightlife options in Southside. Choose dinner at one of Birmingham's city centre restaurants such as American themed Coast To Coast, which is located on Broad Street. Birmingham's cooler than you would ever of imagined, so I suggest staying for a little longer?!

Staying connected is cool, so every apartment is equipped with high speed WiFi internet access so keeping the world at your feet can be accomplished throughout any experience at Staying Cool at Rotunda, Birmingham. Lounging about is what has to be done whilst at Staying Cool, Birmingham. Like I mentioned before the views are something else but its nice to shut the world out and put the television on, so kick back with a cup of tea made from the kitchen and be entertained by a programme or two. Each apartment has SkyHD television, a DVD player and a range of board-games so staying entertained can be achieved without a doubt. I for one loved the freedom to enjoy the surroundings at my own pace, I immediately forgot about my student existence during my time at Staying Cool, Birmingham that proved to be quite a juxtapose.

Captured to the left is the contemporary designed living areas that look super stylish, I know talk is cheap but what I saw is honest and truthful. Birmingham's got style, so I can confirm that Staying Cool at Rotunda Birmingham instills the future of Birmingham first class transformation into a hip and fashion forward city of the future. Luxuriate in the style and sophistication of Staying Cool's carefully decorated living spaces, for the 'Mini' option, the bedroom and living areas act as one with a clever and cool partition that marries the bedroom and living space harmoniously. Let's face it we like to dress in designer brands so why not decide to stay in an apartment that's equally en-trend? I think we all know the answer to that question. So trade in those tacky hotels for the rich and modern designs at Staying Cool, Birmingham! Like I mentioned before I wouldn't just say it for fun I would truly recommend a stay at Birmingham's coolest address at the top of the Rotunda, you know what to do know!

Are You Staying Cool?

Joseph Harrison

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JosephH1990
StayingCool_Rotunda, General Manager at Staying Cool at the Rotunda, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hi JosephH1990

Thanks such much for such a detailed review. It really does sound like you made the most of your stay.

We very proud of the product and it really seems that you got into the Staying Cool zone.

We really love standing at the windows watching the world go by (the sunsets are fab).

Hope to see you again in the future.

Many thanks once again.