“Expensive but yummy next to Travelodge”
Review of Cafe Soya

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Freindly staff

Nice noodle tofu plentiful
A can coke and tofu noodles 10 pounds overpriiced in London 5pounds.

A very decorative place unusual looking like disneyland.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

Still unsure whether to give this restaurant a 3 or 4 but as the food quality is so good I guess a 4 is what I'll opt for.

I have been here 3 times in total, yesterday my third. Once was for lunch and twice for a birthday meal in the private room.

RESTAURANT:
The restaurant is very clean and spacious. Plenty of tables without feeling crowded.

STAFF:
Most of the staff are polite but some of them make it very clear when they are frustrated and or flustered, makes things a little intense. Once all the food is out (which, each time has been extremely long) one of the staff members then seems a lot more relaxed and hospitable. Even cracks a few jokes with us. Lool

FOOD:
The food here is wonderful.
The portions are extremely good and they cater for everyone; meat eaters, Vegetarian, Vegan. My friend is Vegetarian and when she's asked about certain food/ drink in the past, the waiter/ waitress has been very thorough in their response.

[It should be noted that the private room is £20 minimum spend per head.
A bit awkward when you only went in with intention to have starter, main and a glass of water..]

There is a good lunch menu which is cheaper before a certain time, with a small variation of options if you just want a quick bite to eat.

The meal in image is number 49 on the menu.. Crispy thin noodles with chicken, prawns & pork if I remember correctly
The other images are in the private room..

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Having travelled from Cornwall...we knew nothing about eating out in Birmingham! Whilst Staying at the Ibis we passed the Cafe Soya..we decided to "give it a go " and have a take away. PERFECT choice out of many restaurants in China town! amazing takeaway. The following night, our last night, we returned.....BEST decision! The restaurant was very busy..Andrew came to take our order.....I asked to order a dish, without chilli, he suggested that it would still be too hot and took note of what I liked and disliked....then I waited for the meal to arrive! BRILLIANT Andrew.......thank you .....you got it 100% right. First class... excellent food, service and value for money. So if like us you are looking for a GREAT place to eat....look no further.....look out for Andrew ..,he is FAB, thanks to him my meal went from ok to amazing!!! Thank you to all all the Cafe Soya team....don't change anything...you are doing an FAB U LUS job !!!!!!

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Visited on a Saturday evening. We usually eat here for their lunch time menu which never disappoints. However, as soon as all their tables are full they take a very long time to deliver food and we heard at least 3 people complain while we were there. Some food was brought out cold, requests for bills were ignored, and an apology before hand wouldn't have gone a miss if they knew waiting times were going to be 1hour+. They only seem to be able to run this place effectively when there is only a handful of people there!

Reviewed 26 November 2016

This restaurant is one I have regularly visited it has a relaxed atmosphere and amazing food to match. It has lots of options for both vegetarians and meat eaters so it is great if you are in a mixed group.