“Gone downhill”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2013

Called in for dinner on our way back from Birmingham. Our food was very average, the staff, very friendly and pleasant, but the service was slow. I specifically asked not to have ice in my double brandy (as happened on my last visit), yet the drink arrived icily cold - how can this be if it has no ice in? We used to love this place, but it's nothing special nowadays and whatever happened to the specials board?

1  Thank varosha

Reviewed 3 February 2013

This is part of Chef and Brewer chain. They serve reasonably priced good food, They have a special lunch menu which offers 2 courses for approx £5.99. The main menu offers a lot of choice from meat and fish to vegetarian options.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Had a lovely sunday meal here its now a brewers fayre i believe they have recently taken over- meals on the small side nad quite pricey- warm atmosphere very busy sunday lunch.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We went here this Christmas for a family meal. We vowed we would never go back after a terrible meal previously but we didn't book it this time so had to go. It was worse than before if that's possible! The food took forever to come out and when it did it was luke warm bordering on cold. The starter was a mess and I was concerned it may make me ill as it was prawns. I had seabass for main which would have been ok if it was warm. We waited so long for our food we had to miss the pudding which I thought maybe ok as it didn't involve cooking! I used to come here regularly as I worked in the area and the food and service was great it has sadly gone sharply downhill and we won't ever be returning. We'll be booking next years meal and it won't be here!

1  Thank Angela6
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Peacock Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear Angela6,
Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise for wait for your food and the quality you received on Christmas Day at the Peacock Inn. I have passed on your comments to our management team and have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Have eaten here on several occasions and the service has always been slow, but after finding a hair in both my starter and main, combined with the extremely long wait I will never eat here again. The service is so slow, and there is never an apology for the long wait.