“Friendly, big portions, fresh”
Review of Han Dynasty

Han Dynasty
Ranked #692 of 2,321 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ladywood
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Popped in before going into electric cinema. I'm a vegetarian and my boyfriend is a meat eater. The staff are really, really nice and friendly. The food was tasty and portions are massive. The food was very fresh. I had a set meal of egg plant and potato sautéed. My boyfriend had sizzling steak. Huge bowl of rice to go with both. Came to about £24 so it was well worth it. Nice level of busy too and there is a buffet style set up where you cook food yourself on the table. Didn't try but looked interesting!

1  Thank ECCC88

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Han Dynasty was well-known among both local and international students for its delicious hot pots and grills. Compared to other restaurants serving hotpots and grills (Dragon BBQ, Legends) the menu here is more diversified and the meat is much better marinaded. However, they have recently changed the recipes for all the soups in the hotpot and I have to say that has been one of the worst decisions ever made. We tried 3 different flavours: tomato, sour and chillie and all of them were horrible. The totamto soup tasted like ketchup mixed with water, the chillie soup had too much herbs and chillie added into it and the sour soup should change its name to salty soup. We had to use the grill most of the time there as the soup would destroy the taste of the meat. I certainly hope that they would change the soup back to before.

1  Thank tukumalu
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I love Chinese food, but often they are quite samey, unlike Han. It was a good sign seeing the restaurant full, but not ‘Westerners’ is you get my meaning, so I knew the Chinese food was going to be good and it was – I’ll go back again!

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We ordered 6 dishes and 6 of us paid 11 pounds each. Basically I would say all Chinese food Served here are nice. Would recommend the fried yum dessert if yum is your thing. Is a good dining place with good atmosphere and worth a visit. However heard that the buffet doesn't worth the price because limited choices provided. Is a good place that I would visit again.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

We were a group of six and it was my first time at the restaurant. We asked the waiter to recommend a selection of dishes (although not some of the more exotic options that are available!) which included prawn, chilli beef, sweet and sour chicken, yuk sung etc. The spicy seabass was particulalry good. The service was excellent and hospitable.

We had a selection of wines, beers and sake to accompany the food, yet the bill only came to £25 per head which I think is very good value for money.

I always think that a sign of a good Chinese restaurant, is if it is frequented by Chinese people and it certainly was. I would certainly come back to Han Dynasty and recommend it to other people.