“Excellent accommodation”

Staycity Aparthotels Arcadian Centre
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Really enjoyed our stay and the location was excellent - the theatre was about a minutes walk away! I booked into the Car Park which was great - if you make a note of the Postcode for the Car Park the Sat Nav will take you straight to it and the Parking for Staycity is on the 3rd floor. The staff were all helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. A bit confused by the £200 deposit situation though as I can't find any record of it on my Bank statement!I had been told that it may be noisy due to the location but our room overlooking the Courtyard was really quiet. I would also highly recommend a visit to the Museum and Art Gallery.

1  Thank CarynDelaney
Staycity_Birmingham, General Manager at Staycity Aparthotels Arcadian Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, I am glad you had a good stay and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
James Gwilliam

There are newer reviews for Staycity Aparthotels Arcadian Centre

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed in 2 bed room Arc Apartments from 27th september for 6 nights. The Apartments was comfortable and very central to all major sights in Birmingham. BullRing Shopping centre, Primark( at New Street) were in walking distance. The eateries at the Acardian Complex where the apartments is situated were good. We tried festival Balti which was Ok, Milano (the Italain restaurant) was good and we also tried Missoula Bar which was quite good
There is tesco about 100mtrs away which was very convenient
My only issue was that it was very difficult to find and reach the apartment,even after calling the number given on booking(it was not the apartment reception no) they could not guide the taxi driver as to how to reachthe apartment and the taxi driver left us near the Hippodrome
The Apartment is not known by Arc Apartment but by Stay birmingham,we were having a lot of luggage and it was very bad experience to be left on road with all the luggage,it started drizzling and then find the apartment
Later at the apartment we got to know that the Taxi could come at level3 parking which is directly connected to the reception, we used the same for going back
I suggest that Arc Apartment should surely set up a guide to reach the apartments
Rest every thing was good,the apartment was well equipped and reception was helpful in calling for taxis as well as for our early morning check out and helping the taxi driver to come to their parking level( even most of the taxi drivers arenot aware of the way to their level 3 parking which gives easy access

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mittal
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Bit confusing as to which carpark to use as there are about 3 on the street you are directed too. Also if you go up one level you will see that they have a private 'lot' which is secure and under cover for guests. The reception is just at the other side of the car park door, very convenient! Friendly, helpful receptionist. Asked us for photo ID but when we did not have any they did not bother anyway, signed a form about the £200 deposit, but did not need to put it on a card or be refunded back. We must not look like the 'wild party' types! We were upgraded into a 2 bedroom apartment on the 5th floor. The apartment was lovely, and although it had everything and more you would require for a short trip or even a longer stay it was a little 'sparse'. There was no ambient light in the lounge, but after moving a table and bringing a lamp out of one of the bedrooms, voila - instant subtle lighting! Internet access was a bit long-winded but free... not the best of coverage though, think everyone was trying to get on the server at the same time. Excellent location - as you leave the apartments you are right into a varied choice of restaurants and bars, a good feel to the place too. The sofa (main one being a sofa-bed) was a little uncomfortable as you could feel the metal frame underneath but otherwise could not faul the place. Great price, would definately revisit in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shona_L12503933
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Four days at StayCity for a Conference with three friends. Couldn't fault the apartment and the price was reasonable, but I would echo the comments of others about the £200 bond which is excessive - I ended up dashing to the cash point so I could claim the £200 back in cash rather than wait for it to clear. Staff were friendly and helpful - would recommend.

1  Thank Linders83
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I had difficulty finding the Staycity office from the address given, but once i became oriented, it was easy.
The check in was friendly, but late. I was expecting to be in my room at 2pm, as I had an important event to attend at 3pm. I received an email telling me this would be delayed til 2.30, but it was 2.45 before my room was inspected and I could go in. This cut my preparation time short by a long way and even with a cab to the Symphony Hall I was still 25 minutes late.
Having said that, the stay was very enjoyable. I felt safe in the apartment, the bed was comfortable and the rooms clean and spacious. I also appreciated the instructions on how to use all of the electric equipment, even the shower taps.
The apartments are located close to the Bullring and a reasonable but doable walk to the Symphony Hall.

Downside is the 200 pound bond needed and the 30 working days to clear it from a debit card.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank shakantala09
Reviewed 9 October 2012

I had the most fantastic stay! Car park opposite the apartment we were in was a total of £5 for 24hrs, right in the center of Birmingham yet heard no noise! Lovely little balcony to take a few chairs onto. The best value for money giving a whole flat to stay in and I honestly do not have a bad word to say about the 4 night trip. Great to be able to come and go as you please and have the lounge/kitchen well stocked was fab! Made cooking in very easy, even the washing up liquid was there! Wonderful place and would certainly go back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank l0uisel0u
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Just back from night at ballet. Fantastic apartment. everything you need. Spacious clean. near to theatre , shops bars . Felt secure and safe at night time although close to all the night life. Staff friendly and helpful. Good value for money. Stayed on friday night, yes it was noisy out of the apartments but we expected that as the weekend.

Room Tip: Weekends can be noisy.
1  Thank ronald j