“Friendly staff, lovely room in a central location.”

Staycity Aparthotels Arcadian Centre
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, lovely room in a central location.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed for 3 nights while at a conference, the room was lovely and felt luxurious. Our Balcony overlooked the parade of restaurants below most people in the square below were diners so the area felt private and safe, but close to the centre of town. Secure parking for the duration and within walking distance of NIA. The staff were superb, treated like a guest at a 5* Hotel, nothing was too much trouble they provided walking maps, called Taxis for us and welcomed us whenever we passed with a smile. We will definitely stay again next year, this is a real gem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Staycity_Birmingham, General Manager at Staycity Aparthotels Arcadian Centre, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Alison J

Thank you for taking the time, to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read your comments, which I have passed on to my team. I hope we can welcome you back in the near future to Birmingham or, any of our other other fantastic locations.

James Gwilliam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Merseyside, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed at these apartments for three nights , facilities in the apartments were more than adequate , we found the staff friendly professional and extremely helpful especially the night staff on Saturday 5 th April would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at the apartments for my hen do. My sister had planned the weekend for me and 20 friends. She ensured she had all the arrangements in place for check in at 1 for just one room so we could get ready for our first thing at 3.30. My sister even called that week to confirm.
When we got there, no rooms were ready as promised. We had to wait nearly an hour. Then when we went to check in to the other rooms before we left, none of them were ready either. The staff were good but it showed there had been no communication. We gad to check in when we came back from our night out and even at that time there was bedding missing from the rooms!
Afterwards my sister complained to management. They were rude, unhelpful and showed terrible customer service. Not apologising to her once or taking responsibility. Its a shame because the apartments were nice and in a good location but definitely not value for money in terms of our experience and treatment. I wont be staying there again and I dont think anyone from the rest of the group will either.

• Stayed March 2014
Staycity_Birmingham, General Manager at Staycity Aparthotels Arcadian Centre, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear emilyjhancock89

Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns, following your recent stay with us. I am sorry for any confusion regarding an early check in, unfortunately we can never guarantee this at weekends, but will always attempt to meet requests. I am happy that we were able to provide an apartment for your group to get ready in before check in time.

I am also pleased that you found my team good, and that the apartments are nice and in a good location. It is just a pity that the early check in miscommunication had caused such upset, and I am sorry if you thought management were rude and unhelpful, this is not how we wish to appear and we worked very hard to ensure that we have some apartments ready for your early arrival. I hope the free breakfast for your group, went some way to apologising for any miscommunication.

Poitiers, France
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and would return. Well appointed, friendly and helpful staff, clean and quiet situated in a lively part of town. Spoilt for choice regarding restaurants all within a few minutes stroll.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great location, on top of nightclubs yet well insulated from the noise, great staff and even better rates. I really enjoyed the stay and how the staff would go above and beyond for you. The Place is clean and has all you need for a stay in brum. You are slap bang in the middle of all the night life with Arcadia on the doorstep (literally) Bullring shopping literally around the corner Digbeth the artistic central of brum again around another corner top place and far away from broad street as possible thank my lucky stars

Room Tip: Apartment/ hotel no swimming pool or room service but a great place to stay I have rated 5 stars as...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Staycity_Birmingham, General Manager at Staycity Aparthotels Arcadian Centre, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Parma S

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read your fantastic comments, and I hope we can welcome you back to Staycity soon.

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The location is so convenient with the station very close and bars/restaurants/shops etc. all on the doorstep. Apartment itself was spacious, clean and modern. Staff were very polite and helpful. Mainly groups of young people use these apartments, so it's a little noisy at weekends, but as long as you don't mind that this is one of the best value apartments we have stayed at.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was slightly worried when I read the last few less than brilliant reviews, but the price and the location swayed me to give Staycity a go, and I wasn't left disappointed. The location for central Birmingham is perfect, dedicated car parking (though we managed to miss this, but hotel staff provided us with a ticket for the exit barrier so we did not have to move the car), the surroundings can be busy but in a central Birmingham location you can't expect much less to be fair. The entrance and foyer area of the hotel was clean and the staff welcomed us as we arrived. The check in procedure is a little heavy - terms and conditions of stay etc and the requirement to pay a deposit, but not surprising considering that this is not a hotel and I imagine they get plenty of issues with theft or illicit parties that leave damage behind. Once checked in and deposit reserved on credit card, we were given our keycard and took the lift to our apartment. The apartment in general was clean, tidy and well presented - mainstream 'modern' decoration but everything required in terms of furniture or equipment and I would say that the photos are indicative of the true quality of apartment. I was surprised when we arrived - I have been in flats that are half the size! We didn't really make full use of the apartment as we were only staying for one night so did not do any cooking or similar, but it all seemed in good order and clean. Our apartment faced inward to the courtyard area and I can honestly say I did not hear any noise from anywhere.The only critical comments I could give on the apartment were that the shower was a little weak and the beds were bit soft and springy but nothing like as bad as a travelodge bed and I have slept in plenty of those! Checkout procedure was quick and easy the next morning. Check-in times of 3pm and checkout of 11am are pretty normal for hotels in the area and in general, so can't complain about those. All in all, a very good stay, I would definitely recommend - for business or for family use. I will use StayCity again in the future, the price is very good value compared to a standard hotel room, and the quality of what you receive far outweighs a typical travelodge existence.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business