“ideal airport stay”

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Ranked #52 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The hotel is 2 mins walk from the Arrivals of Birmingham Intl Airport, 2 mins walk to the Airtrain connection to the Train Station (5-10 mins to get to the train station overall).
Staff was very helpful and polite from the beginning and since they are the "face" of the hotel, that made a good first impression that continued through the 3 days I have stayed there.
The building and my room were spotless and were being cleaned daily.
I don't have an opinion about the breakfast because I didn't try it but it seemed lovely.
The room had a comfortable double bed, a separate toilet and shower (good if you are not travelling solo), a desk with a chair and a nice flat tv.
Airplanes landing or taking off were almost not audible due to the sound proof windows so no need to worry about that.
If you find beauty in simple things then you will like this hotel, if you want luxury try somewhere else.
Overall I am very happy with my stay at this hotel and will book again if needed.

Room Tip: Great sunset views from rooms on top floors
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank greekguy29
Frederic_Dumont, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a positive review.
We always welcome feedback and I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable time during your stay.
We hope to see you again in the very near future.
Birmingham
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Me and my partner stopped at the etap hotel birmingham airport in June as we were going to a concert at the NEC Birmingham. When we arrived we have a quick check in and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Ok our room was slightly on the small side (particularly the toilet) but it was clean and had all the basic bits and pieces (e.g. bed, shower, toilet, tv, sink)although there is no kettle provided (we had taken a little travel one with us along with t bags etc). There is no restaurant or bar of such at the hotel, just a fridge that you can purchase sandwiches and snacks from although we were asked if we would like breakfast in the morning but didnt opt for it so can not comment on that, but you can us the sister hotel next door that offers meals and has a bar. The hotel is in a perfect location to the airport and the nec is a 5 min trip on the shuttle bus from the airport.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa C
Thanks for your review.
So glad you had an enjoyable time with us.
We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
derby uk
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Quite honestly anyone who complains about any accomodation below £60 clearly walks on a different planet. So "aimie s" does need a reality check. Just what does this traveler think it costs in this day and age to run these places ? Anyway, I travel regularly world wide and quite honestly Etap without the slightest doubt represents certainly the best VFM. (no I don't work for them,... they can't afford me !!!). If you don't like the standard etc..stop whinjing !!. vote with your feet, pay for a 5 star hotel with their superb breakfast etc... for £200 + per night. On a last note, I do speak with a little experience, I am a MHCI MA for the last 40+ years and have run these business's world wide.

Room Tip: Simple, ask and in most cases you will get what you want if its reasonable
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank erlikon
Many thanks for the positive comments.
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words.
I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My husband and I have stayed in many budget airport hotels but this is by far the worst.
At check-in, as always we explained that we had a room booked and gave our name, the receptionist couldn't find us on the system, when we handed her the booking form she then accused us very rudely of previously giving her a different name ( like we don't know our names!)
We were then told that, even thought we booked a double room that we had to 'make do' with a triple which was extremely cramped and very uncomfortable, with walls so thin we could hear the tv in the next room. The bed was very hard and I don't think we slept for more than an hour all night. The rooms don't even have a kettle!
As for the breakfast, we were told an all you can eat buffet was included in the price. It was not, we had to pay on top of the already overpriced £49 and the selection was awful.
It is also advertised as offering a discount on parking so instead of 24 hours costing £22 it would be £13.90. We asked for our parking voucher while checking out and were handed a scribbled down code on a sticky note and advised to tap it in the machine when paying for the carpark. It didn't work. there is no option for this. we went back to the hotel to explain and were told that the carpark was nothing to do with them and because we hadn't questiond why we weren't given a ticket to put into the machine, it was our fault.

Never stay here. stay in the hotel next door, or if you have no option than arrive as late as posssible and leave as early as you can! terrible hotel, terrible service. just terrible.

Room Tip: doesn't matter. we booked a double. payed for a double but didn't get a double...the noise t...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
I’m sorry we failed to live up to your expectations.
Please accept our apologies and be assured that we are looking into the matter.

Firstly, I have discussed the issue regarding your check in with the Receptionists on duty at the time as I was shocked by your comments considering that we always aim to give the Best Customer service at all time and we receive very positive comments regularly regarding the excellent Staff Service Attitude. It seems that at check in, the Receptionist misheard your name and therefore couldn't find your booking. But this was quickly sorted when you show your Reservation details. I can guarantee you that she never meant you to make you feal uncomfortable.

Please note that we are classed as a "low cost" budget hotel and we offer limited facilities.

Regarding the Car Park, due to our location at the Airport, next to the Terminals, we do not have our own Car Park and we can only offer discount with the NCP located opposite the Hotel. At check out, it looks like that you were given the code to exit the Car Park (for pre paid car park) rather than the discounted voucher to be used at the Pay Machine. I have passed your feedback to the Reception Team in order to avoid any reoccurence. May I mention that once the Payment is made at the machine, as it is not our Car Park, we can not do anything further. However, when you came back to Reception, you were given a discounted voucher by the Hotel and you were informed to discuss the issue with the NCP direclty in order to get your discount refunded.

Once again, I would like to apologies that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay.
General manager
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have stayed here a few times when arriving late from a flight or leaving early for a flight. The room is a bargain. I think I paid about £35 for the room. Which when your a single traveller is a bonus to still get a cheap room. The room was basic, with a very bizarre shower set up. But it has everything you need and its clean. And is right beside the airports arrivals and departures.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank IrishWanderer99
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Birmingham
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Divide this into two parts - the building and the experience. Building - clean, functional, comfy beds. Experience - poor soundproofing - window to outside would not fully close so noise came in from taxis etc. But most annoying was two chavs somewhere nearby in the building who kept screaming at each other every 20-30 mins started about 11pm and went on until 3:45 when we left for the airport - GOT NO SLEEP AT ALL. Nobody on reception to see if we could change rooms. IF it were not for that, good value hotel. But it seems you do have to take a chance.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Many thanks for your comments.
We appreciate all feedback and be assured that we are looking into the issues you've mentionned.
I was surpise to read your comments as our Reception is open 24 hours and a Team Member is always available. I was sorry to hear that you got disturbed by other guests during the Night. I have discussed your comments with the Reception Team in order to avoid any reoccurence.
Please note that if you have any problems or questions during your stay, you can contact Reception at any time and a Staff Member will be happy to help you.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel some time in the future.