“Basic but good value and location”

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Ranked #58 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 14 October 2011

The hotel is excellent if you are flying out of the BHX early morning. The hotel is practically next to the airport. It is very basic but the staff is friendly and available. The rooms are clean and quiet. You access the shower directly from the room and the wash basin is close to the bed. The toilet is in a small closet-like room. But everything is arranged in a way that makes things functional. Next door you have the Ibis Hotel restaurant but honestly dishes were not very appealing (and then tasty).
Overall, good value for the money spent. Definitely the cheapest option at BHX airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Frederic_Dumont, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2011

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.
Please rest assured that I have taken note of your comments and I will pass your feedback to the Ibis Hotel regarding your evening meal.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed here for one night to get an early flight, we booked car parking at a discount rate on the long stay car park, this all went smoothly. Check in was easy, the room was basic but very clean, the t.v worked fine. My hubby said the shower was one of the best he had used. It was really quiet we didn't hear one plane.
The hotel is just accross the road from the terminal which was great.
I would reccommend this hotel it was really good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for the positive comments.
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit.
I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

This is my second review of the Etap Hotel at Birmingham International Airport. My last was a couple of years ago, soon after they opened. I thought their standards might not last, but I am delighted to report that they have certainly done so.

I have stayed there three times (twice for the Horse of the Year Show and once for the British Show Jumping Championships at the N.E.C). Each time the hotel has been a really good place to stay. The staff are really helpful, courteous and friendly. It is spotlessly clean, comfortable and very quiet. Full marks to whoever designed the rooms – though they are very small with no frills, they are really functional and the showers are terrific. OK, so I’m a solo traveller and with more than one person’s luggage the space could get a bit cramped, but at the prices charged (book early for the best internet rates) maybe everyone could have a room to themselves.

The location is ideal for the N.E.C. and I think it would also be great for an overnight stay before an early morning flight. From the airport building walk across the road and the hotel is right there, alongside the Ibis and the Novotel. To get to the N.E.C. you just go back across the road into the terminal building and take the monorail to the exhibition centre. I really wish there could be a budget hotel of this quality everywhere!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My husband and I booked a room a while ago for this past week. When husband was looking at the information, he told me that it reminded him of a chain of Australian hotels that I like using. So we booked it.

First Impressions: The location was fantastic - just straight over the road and car park. Very convienient. When we went to check in, we were told there was a problem with our booking. However, it was dealt with professionally and quickly.

The Room: Clean, quiet, basic (but met our needs). The bed was a little bit hard for my liking, but it did the job. The shower was more than adequate. All we were after was a room to sleep in after we got off the plane, and that was what we got.

Breakfast: We turned up for brekkie a little earlier than normal, because both of us were having problems with jet lag. An adequate selection of food available - although I prefer my milk a little colder than it was.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend Etap.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.
They are very much appreciated and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stay here regularly for work and figured it was about time I wrote about my experiences of this hotel.

The standout thing for all ETAP hotels is the cost of the room. This hotel is no exception, book early enough (30 days in advance I believe) and you'll be looking at £18 for a room, which for a hotel that is basically right outside an airport terminal is fantastic! It is approx 1-2 mins walk from the terminal which also gives you access to the airport shuttle should you wish to use the NEC or the train. Although I never use this facility myself, the hotel also offer some fairly hefty discounts on the NCP carpark tariffs.

The staff are very polite, friendly, helpful & welcoming and the room has everything you need for a short stay. Yes it is fairly small and functional but importantly it is clean and quiet. The showers are clean, powerful and there is always hot water, anytime of day.

The rooms have a TV with enough channels to keep you amused & WIFI internet access can be purchased from reception to be used in the downstairs communal area. Generally I never buy hotel WIFI because it is invariably a complete rip off, but here it is very reasonably priced and the speed good enough for using Skype etc. It also makes a refreshing change that you pay for so many hours of access and as long as you logout when you're done, the timer stops & you can pick it up next time!

Breakfast is cheap again and although a fairly basic buffet affair, you can eat & drink as much as you wish. For £3.75 you can have mini muffins, croissants, cereal, toast, juice, coffee/tea etc. Yes it is basic but compare that with what's on offer across the road in the terminal and you can see what a bargain it is! The same goes for an evening meal which you can get next door in the sister ibis hotel. It's not gourmet food but for what it is, it's good and again, decent value. Should you wish you can also buy things like chocolate bars, pasties, soft drinks, beers etc from reception in the ETAP.

I've marked this hotel as a 5 because you have to take it in context of its location and cost at a time where everything in the UK seems so expensive. It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Clean, friendly, comfortable and cheap accommodation...i'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review.
I’m so pleased you regularly enjoyed your stay with us.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back again at the hotel in the near future.
Genral Manager

An Accor traveller
Glasgow
Reviewed 3 October 2011

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 28 September 2011

staff very helpful, quiet, no noise from hallway, or neighbours.
breakfast selection very bread/carbs coffee/tea machine horrible, water not very hot and tasted of all the other choices that came before, better to have a coffee machine, with hot water attactment.,

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon.
Frederic Dumont

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#27 of 118 in Birmingham
Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!