“so close to departues”

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 28 October 2012

etap is a plain and simple no frills hotel and this is reflected in the low price, but if you need to catch an early flight its perfect..room clean and functional and you can get breakfast although we did not realise this at the time and had breakfast at wetherspoons in the airport. just a few minutes walk from the Etap. I booked this hotel about 3 weeks prior to staying and it was £19 ..very good value

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Robert_Veldtman, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thank you for taking time to write your review- we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us look forward in welcoming you back in the near future. We hope you try our delicious and reasonably-priced breakfast served from 4- 10am every morning upon your next stay.

Robert Veldtman

There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport

Reviewed 19 October 2012

For the price the room was fine and the location could not be faulted.

Breakfast is a reasonable price - not exciting but you can start the day filled up for a lot less than the airport and NEC venues.

Found my room noisy at night with buses stopping outside my window and people coming and going through the night.

Good price though if you are looking to be close to airport or NEC. Without the location would be a 3, but location lifts to a 4.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Frederic_Dumont, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thanks for leaving your thoughts here.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed here for five nights whilst attending an event at the LG arena and was expecting budget hotel knowing how much more expensive other hotels are in the area. However, being that I was going to be out of the room from early morning until midnight, all I needed was a clean room with a bed and a shower. This is basically what you get! I actually found the bed very comfortable but need a hard bed due to a back problem. I stayed in the room on my own for all but one night so I didn't have any space issues, but it would have been tight for two and 'very cosy' for three. It is ideally placed across the road from the airport and the LG Arena/NEC via the Sky Rail which can be found on the first floor of the airport. It is also a suprisingly quiet hotel considering it;s location (although ask for a room at the front of the hotel as the bin men do a glass bottle collection very early in the morning). They do sell a selection of soft drinks and food 24 hours, but very easily accessible is the 24 hour Marks and Spencer over in the airport building. There is discounted parking available across the road which if prebooked with the hotel is £10 a day (same as the NEC now). The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank louisebielby

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind comments and compliments.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

First time staying here and great value for money. If you have an early flight it is ideal.
Clean, basic rooms and a good shower.
I agree with previous post. Loo is a tight fit for people over 6ft, as I am.
Also, bed is hard......but what do you expect for £29 !!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your review.
I'm glad you had a good time at the hotel!
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I booked this as a cheap alternative to getting up and travelling very early for a 6.30am flight.

I expected a basic room, and wasn't surprised on that score. Howevr, the bed was extremely hard (I described it to my family as a brick with a sheet over) so the amount of sleep I got was actually less that I would have done by travelling from home early.

I was also disappointed that the room did not have a kettle, even for a basic room I expected this to be available.

I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments.
I am really sorry to hear that your stay wasn’t up to expectations.
We are classed as a "low cost" budget hotel and we offer limited facilities.
Please note that we are in process of changing our beds, as part of our bedrooms refurbishment coming soon. In the mean time, we have added Mattress Toppers on our beds in order to make them as comfortable as possible. I am disappointed to notice that it wasn't enough for you.
Once again, thank you for letting us know your thoughts. I hope you will give us another try once we get our refurbishment done.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed here the night before a 6.50am flight to Greece. The hotel is very basic but fine for what you would need for a nights sleep before a flight. The only one thing that I could say was a little disappointing was that when we arrived we were offered a 'buffet breakfast' by the Receptionist at around £4 a head. We accepted this as we thought that it would be a more traditional buffet breakfast but unfortunately it was only cereal and toast - that was it which was a little expensive at £4. But, overall the stay was fine and the windows are have been sound proofed so you can't hear any of the planes during the night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank windsor988

Many thanks for the positive feedback, I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable.
I have taken note of your comment, and I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our Breakfast. As you've explained, we offer a Continental Buffet which consist of a selection of Toasts, Croissants, Muffins, Cheeses, Yogourts, Cereales, Fruit Salad, Juices and Hot Drinks... Our Buffet is served daily from 4:00am till 10:00am for only £4.25 per person which is a good value for money, especially at Birmingham Airport.
I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel again very.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights for HOYS at the Nec, more expensive rate as there was a exhibiton on but enjoyed it more than the Ibis next door that I stayed in previously. Room is clean and basic and the shower was powerfull and really good. We had to ask for towels and pillows as there was 3 of us in the room but there was no problems getting them. There is only one plug in the room but I think you could hire an adapter.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Many thanks for the review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.
I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip.
Frederic Dumont

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#34 of 118 in Birmingham
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!