“Great value”

Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
Ranked #57 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Clean and warm, airport on the doorstep and only £30 booked in advance - works for me every time.

Only issue was that I was told on production of my room card I was entitled to eat at the nearby Novotel at 10% discount. The waiter/bar manager denied that this was true but gave me the discount as a "favour" - communication breakdown not understood by reception staff when I returned to Ibis Budget

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Robert_Veldtman, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you back in the near future. My apologies for the issue you experienced with the 10% discount at the Novotel for food and beverage. I will resolve with issue with their management to avoid a similar situation in future.

There are newer reviews for Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Nothing wrong with the hotel, it is the standard E-tap format. What aggrieves me are that the car parking charge of £14 a night that were not identified with the headline room rate on the booking page. There was a hint in the small print if I had taken the time (reduced NCP rates) but in my opinion this is close to deception. To cap it off when I arrived on my first night I spent 1/2 hour trying to work out were I could park.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review- we are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall.

I am sorry that you feel deceived about the car parking. I am currently reviewing the information on our website to see if we can improve the visibility of the external parking charge.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this hotel!!! Staff are friendly and helpful. Stayed two nights for the clothes show live NEC and a spot of Xmas shopping and market. There's is a shuttle from the hotel on the airport side to NEC which is also Birmingham Int'l. To get to NEC is a walk of 20mins. Bham new street is 10mins via train. Bed comfy and best power shower. No tea facilities however you can buy drinks and snacks downstairs in reception. Hotel does now charge £2 per keep your suitcase for you to pick up later (previously no charge) but still reasonably and the norm. Please bear in mind to book early as prices can vary due to events.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Robert_Veldtman, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank TressH

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The hotel is ideal if your flying out or just staying over night. There is no tea/coffee facilities in bedroom plastic cups are in room & tv. The bed was very hard only gave us 1 pillow each so had to ask for more the toilet is more like a cupboard with no lock on door. Staff were OK. We stayed on the 3rd December 13. I would not stay again in this hotel I would not rate this as a 1* or 2 * hotel

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing our hotel- we appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. We have noted your comments and are working hard to improve on the points that you have made. Our hotel bedrooms are currently being refurbished which should also improve on overall guest comfort.

We do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to sample the improvements.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel is extremely basic but is definitely sufficient to rest your head for a night. The rooms feature a double bed with a single bunk bed above them & the sink & shower are in the bedroom. The toilet is in a small room on its own. Luckily, this wasn’t a problem for my friend & I, however, it would be tricky to maneuver if you were sharing with someone who you weren’t entirely comfortable being naked in front of!
There was just one plug socket & one set of towels for a room designed for three to share, but having been forewarned of this, we were fully prepared with our own towels & a plug extension. This worked absolutely fine for us & we had no problems at all.
The shower, sink & toilet were all clean, as was the bedroom & the shower was surprisingly hot & powerful. We were both very impressed.
My friend & I shared the double bed rather than utilise the bunk bed & we both had a comfortable & undisturbed night’s sleep.
We were staying as part of a larger party of schoolchildren & teachers on a residential trip to the Clothes Show at the NEC, so because of this it was essential that cost was kept to a minimum.
If you are on a budget, this hotel is great, however, I would not recommend it for people who are looking for a luxurious experience. Our experience was entirely positive & I would not hesitate to stay here again in similar circumstances.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Robert_Veldtman, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback- we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pamela B

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#34 of 118 in Birmingham
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport? Share your experiences!