Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport
US$70
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
1,805 results
All reviewsbirmingham airportan early flightdouble bedterminal buildingfree monorailan overnight stayrooms are basicshower and toiletwhat it says on the tinshort staycontinental breakfastgenting arenareception areaone night staytea coffeechecking infew minutes walk
Reviewed 20 July 2014

If it’s a one night short stay this is a good hotel on a Budget. Rooms was clean and tidy, staff very friendly, but not my type of hotel, very basic given the cost per night we paid. Blind was broken in my room so could not open it .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Robert_Veldtman, General Manager at Hotel ibis budget Birmingham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for your valued feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall.

Please accept our apologies for the broken blind in your room. This should have been fixed prior to arrival, and our housekeeping team will be reviewing their procedures to ensure it does not happen again.

We hope you visit us again when your travels brings you back to the local area.

Kind regards,

Robert Veldtman

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here last night with my adult daughter. Most basic place associated to a big name hotel I have ever stayed in. Bedding configuration was a double (possibly Queen) with a single bunk above it at right angles. Very difficult access to navigate to ascend "ladder". The bedding for the bunk was not made up, but supplied in plastic bags left on the mattress. We had dinner at the Ibis next door but werent enamoured with the service, the ever hovering wait staff who pounced on empty glasses and plates as soon as the last drop or mouthful passed your lips, or the risotto which was served like a soup with spoons ! Then this morning we went for breakfast in the foyer, which isnt included in the price (4.95 each) and were harrassed by the rudest member of staff I ever came across who demanded to know had we paid. We thought we had when we checked in, but the language barrier was obviously too great and we had not been charged. Just as well because the choice of food could hardly have been called a "choice". Back to our rooms to collect our things so we could check out - minus showers because the "bathroom" is a mockery. Basin in the same room as the beds, toiles in a cupboard you can hardly move in, and the shower with glass door (and light) but no space to put towels or clothes without getting wet - you need to shower in the cubicle and then step out into the bedroom to dry and dress. Even as mother and daughter we werent comfortable with this. So checking out...the rude member of staff called out "Just put the card in the bowl" and carried on about his work clearing breakfast tables in the adjacent foyer. No "Did you enjoy your stay", "Good morning" "Thank you" or "Goodbye".

Will never book one of these again, can only hope the other airport hotels offer a better service. Oh, and overnight parking with their "discount" was still 16pound.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your valued feedback. I was disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your stay, and for this I would like to sincerely apologise.

We have noted your comments and are working hard to improve on the points that you have raised. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel direct to discuss your stay in more detail.

Kind regards,

Robert Veldtman

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Etap last night and was most disappointed. I had to walk to the hotel in semi darkness at 10.00pm. The reception looked gloomy although the receptionist was fine
The room was small but ok for an overnight stay, except the floor was damp and sticky. The quilt on the bed appeared to have been put on the wrong way round resulting in the cover being ruched up almost 'apple pie style'.
I managed to sleep only until approx 2.00am when the fire alarm from the adjacent building (which is shared with the Etap) rudely awoke me. Nobody seemed to know what to do. Several went to the reception, no apparent gathering area, to be told it was a false alarm.
This morning I tried to speak with the manager a about the room but I was told that the manager doesn't work at the weekend.
The Ibis / Accor website was no help requiring a lot of personal information before a comment could be forwarded.
I have several concerns still as I am due to stay at the hotel again on Saturday.
I felt this was total shoddy behaviour from a world renowned organisation.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Arrived at the hotel at 1pm in the morning with my husband and grandson only to find that not only was the room very basic but I had to make the top bunk myself as the bedding was just left on top of the mattress.Double bed was so hard and the sheets were not even put on tidy just thrown together.Stayed at the Ibis next door with no complaint.Will not be staying here again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Room Tip: Make drinking facilities available .
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels