“Needs to address inadequate heating”
Review of The Beeches

The Beeches
Ranked #93 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Stayed for two weeks. Rooms compact and similar to travel lodge standard really. Free wifi which was good. I booked two rooms and we both found them cold. We did mention this at reception and the heating was turned on earlier but it had little effect. The radiators were not big enough to combat the single glazed draughty windows. Needed a bit of attention. For example, the bathroom radiator had been painted and had dripped on the floor along the full length. Nobody had bothered to attend to this and it looked terrible. Shower pressure was also a bit poor. Apart from that I would stay there again if the price was right but not in winter and perhaps not for two weeks.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are the same size, so we were told?
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank R J
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write. We are disappointed with your comments regarding the heating and maintenance of your rooms and are sorry that you did not enjoy our stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Arrived with the intention of resting from the night before and found the room provided colder than the Falklands in mid June. Although the staff did come and put the heating on we ventured out due to the temperature and so returned early exhausted, slept, only to wake at 0500hrs freezing to death as the heating goes off overnight. The outside temperature was -2 and seeped through the walls. Couldn't stand to wait around for breakfast so left early and drove home as the car was warm. The room was cheap and we got what we paid for, so if you are on a budget and not too fussy, The Beeches is probably Ok. For us it was very disappointing and ruined what was otherwise a lovely weekend.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WindyMiller14
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write. We are disappointed with your comments regarding the heating and are sorry that you did not enjoy our stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Please accept my humble apoplgies for not getting in touch sooner. Our server crashed last Thursday night and came back up yesterday evening. We have had no access to emails, internet nor our own hotel software. You may have noticed a manual check in when you arrived?

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have been staying here on average once a month since October2012 and being a lone female traveller I have to say I feel safe here. The staff are all lovely, the first room I stayed in was very small but it was clean and comfortable. I then stayed in the annex and that room too was very good, my last stay was in the main building and the room was a very good size. I always eat my main meal here and it's always lovely, specials are offered which are very nice. Breakfast is top! Staff friendly and helpful I always leave feeling stuffed and ready for my day at uni!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and I have to a fellow uni student who will be booking soon. I'm glad I found this hotel and the price I pay for the room is good. Like the name suggests it is more for those on work conferences but you can stay here to sight see B'ham as well. It's close to cadbury world too and I was a little disappointed they don't offer family rooms as I would have stayed here this half term instead of the grotty Travelodge we were subjected too!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted that you continue to enjoy your stays with us. What a great compliment each time you return! We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights 13/14 Feb 2013, I had a single room which was clean and pleasant.
This building has obviously been converted from another use that didn't have sleep in mind. There is zero sounds proofing between rooms, I've had 2 sleepless nights. After the first night I asked to change rooms which I did, but this didn't cure the noise problem.
The first night the guest above me might as well have been in the same room because that's how bad the noise was. The second night I had to share next doors snoring and noise coming from the bathroom.
The only reason I stay in hotels is because I need to sleep after a hard days work, this hotel does not allow you to do this. Apart from the room being clean I haven't anything positive to say about this place.
I stay in hotels most weeks Monday to Thursday all over the world, the very basic requirement is for a hotel to be clean and quite.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank becks69
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for your comments and I am glad we were able to chat about this in person before you left. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and with good amenities. We agreed to resolve your bedroom on your next visit as at the time that was the only reason you were unhappy. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to resolving this for you on your next stay.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I stayed at the Beeches while attending a seminar for peacekeepers organised at the nearby Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre.

My room was tiny, but recently refurbished, well-equipped and spotlessly clean. There was free high-speed WLAN, coffee and tea making facilities and a small but modern bathroom.

I had breakfast at the Woodbrooke Centre, so I can't comment on the quality of the Beeches' breakfast. That said: if you look for budget accommodation in or near Birmingham, this definitely is your place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank vaya_con_dios_007
DebraJonesChartridge, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your very complimentary review. We are delighted with your rating and very positive comments after your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Stayed two nights on business. Food was good but the choice was limited.
Room was fine but the finish of the decor was a bit DIY.
Staff were friendly and the breakfast was good.
I am not sure I would stay there again but if it suits your budget it was good value. The bar is also a nice and relaxed area but not cosy.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David W

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take your comments very seriously and will address your points and comments

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed here for two nights for business and was a bit wary after reading some reviews on here, I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are basic but had everything needed and were very clean. The food is excellent, and plenty of it throughout the training days with biscuits and cakes at each coffee break as well as a proper meal at lunch time and in the evening. (Back on the diet after the two days!) The staff were brilliant, always pleasant and happy to help.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your very complimentary review. We are delighted with your comments and rating regarding our services, staff and facilities and we look forward to welcomg you again soon