“More than adequate for a couple of nights”
Review of The Beeches

The Beeches
Ranked #82 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Cardiff
“More than adequate for a couple of nights”
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We checked in fairly late one very chilly evening. The place is very rambling, with some external annexes. Our room was in one of these. On the second go, we managed to find a very clean but very cold room. When we rang reception, someone was there within minutes with a powerful electric heater. He'd also sorted the radiator quite quickly, and we were quite cosy after that.
Breakfast was a standard cooked English. Only small gripe there was the lack of unsmoked bacon, which didn't suit my husband. One morning the eggs arrived cooked wrongly, but a replacement arrived quickly.
We spent very little time at the hotel other than to sleep, but were quite pleased with it none the less. It seems the place is largely set up for conferences. But for our visit that was no problem at all.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your very complimentary review. We are delighted with your rating and very positive comments after your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Rugby
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights, as I was attending a fitness course nearby.
From the moment we walked in, the staff were friendly and very professional.
Our room was a good double sized room, and we dined in the hotel a couple of the nights, the food was lovely and well presented.Our stay included breakfast, which was most definatly worth waking up for! We only had one issue, which was the toilet, a problem with the flush system. But we were quickly accomidated to a new room within an hour. They have a really good gym, and it's perfect if you want some time to yourself! Would 100% stay here again.
Thankyou!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Stayed for a week. This placve is usually a conference centre but during my stay was not overly busy. Food was good value, Curry Night =£10 and Steak Night = £14. Fairly basic cooking but not a rip off. Rooms were clean and tidy. Uses Sheets and Blankets!! With Hospital Corners!
There is a fitness room which is exercise machines and hand weights. No Long bars or lifting machines but OK/

Not much in the area for nights. Very like a friendly Travel lodge in Decor but staff are friendly and its comfortable with service.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your very complimentary review. We are delighted with your rating and very positive comments after your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Stayed for two weeks. Rooms compact and similar to travel lodge standard really. Free wifi which was good. I booked two rooms and we both found them cold. We did mention this at reception and the heating was turned on earlier but it had little effect. The radiators were not big enough to combat the single glazed draughty windows. Needed a bit of attention. For example, the bathroom radiator had been painted and had dripped on the floor along the full length. Nobody had bothered to attend to this and it looked terrible. Shower pressure was also a bit poor. Apart from that I would stay there again if the price was right but not in winter and perhaps not for two weeks.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are the same size, so we were told?
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank R J
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are disappointed with your comments regarding the heating and maintenance of your rooms and are sorry that you did not enjoy our stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Arrived with the intention of resting from the night before and found the room provided colder than the Falklands in mid June. Although the staff did come and put the heating on we ventured out due to the temperature and so returned early exhausted, slept, only to wake at 0500hrs freezing to death as the heating goes off overnight. The outside temperature was -2 and seeped through the walls. Couldn't stand to wait around for breakfast so left early and drove home as the car was warm. The room was cheap and we got what we paid for, so if you are on a budget and not too fussy, The Beeches is probably Ok. For us it was very disappointing and ruined what was otherwise a lovely weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WindyMiller14
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are disappointed with your comments regarding the heating and are sorry that you did not enjoy our stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Please accept my humble apoplgies for not getting in touch sooner. Our server crashed last Thursday night and came back up yesterday evening. We have had no access to emails, internet nor our own hotel software. You may have noticed a manual check in when you arrived?

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

bury st edmunds
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have been staying here on average once a month since October2012 and being a lone female traveller I have to say I feel safe here. The staff are all lovely, the first room I stayed in was very small but it was clean and comfortable. I then stayed in the annex and that room too was very good, my last stay was in the main building and the room was a very good size. I always eat my main meal here and it's always lovely, specials are offered which are very nice. Breakfast is top! Staff friendly and helpful I always leave feeling stuffed and ready for my day at uni!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and I have to a fellow uni student who will be booking soon. I'm glad I found this hotel and the price I pay for the room is good. Like the name suggests it is more for those on work conferences but you can stay here to sight see B'ham as well. It's close to cadbury world too and I was a little disappointed they don't offer family rooms as I would have stayed here this half term instead of the grotty Travelodge we were subjected too!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted that you continue to enjoy your stays with us. What a great compliment each time you return! We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
London
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights 13/14 Feb 2013, I had a single room which was clean and pleasant.
This building has obviously been converted from another use that didn't have sleep in mind. There is zero sounds proofing between rooms, I've had 2 sleepless nights. After the first night I asked to change rooms which I did, but this didn't cure the noise problem.
The first night the guest above me might as well have been in the same room because that's how bad the noise was. The second night I had to share next doors snoring and noise coming from the bathroom.
The only reason I stay in hotels is because I need to sleep after a hard days work, this hotel does not allow you to do this. Apart from the room being clean I haven't anything positive to say about this place.
I stay in hotels most weeks Monday to Thursday all over the world, the very basic requirement is for a hotel to be clean and quite.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank becks69
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
Thank you for your comments and I am glad we were able to chat about this in person before you left. I am pleased you found the hotel to be clean and with good amenities. We agreed to resolve your bedroom on your next visit as at the time that was the only reason you were unhappy. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to resolving this for you on your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
The Conference Park from venuebirmingham
Edgbaston Palace Hotel
#101 of 117 in Birmingham
Hillscourt
#1 of 1 in Rednal

Been to The Beeches? Share your experiences!