“Good conference hotel”

Ranked #82 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Birmingham, England
“Good conference hotel”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days (one night) for a training session. It wasn't anything special, but it was very acceptable for this sort of thing. The training room was light, airy and spacious. The buffet lunch was tasfy with plenty of salad and non-sandwich items. The bar and dinner was pub style rather than restaurant standard, but there was nothing that would disappoint. The room was clean, tidy and well equipped. My colleagues mentioned paper thin walls, but I had no such problems and slept well. Excellent shower. The gym was well equipped, clean and tidy. Breakfast was good.

There's plenty of parking, efficient staff too. I'd recommend it for work, but possibly not as a classic hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear stirrup_pump
Thank you so much for your review. I am pleased the food, cleanliness, free parking and staff all met with good expectations. A good night's sleep is important too especially if on a course the following day.
We look forward to welcoming you again
Debra Jones

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Teynham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

stayed for one night and whilst there wasn't anything hugely wrong there wasn't much to sign the praises for either. The rooms are basic and the entire venue looks a bit tired.

Poor (in fact no) facilities fro young children or babies (but it is a conf centre normally). The food was ok and the staff very pleasant and helpful.

Great location for Cadbury world though as it is a short walk away (hence why we stayed here).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Lloyd B
Thank you for writing a review about the Beeches. I am glad you found the staff to be pleasant and helpful and enjoyed the food. We will endeavour in time to refurbish all areas of the building, but those that aren't as of yet, are priced accordingly and offer excellent value for money
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed for 1 night after a business trip and before a trip to Cadbury World. Very friendly staff. The room was large and had all we needed. Breakfast was brilliant, some lovely specials - we had smoked haddock topped with a poached egg, plus all the usual cereals, yogurts, fruit etc. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear jaxval
Thank you so much for your lovely review. Your comments have been passed to all departments. We would love to see you again
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Have stayed for one night only as it is close to my Birmingham office.

What a dreadful place. I will never return.

It was a hottest day of this summer and I have been allocated room in the attic somewhere! Walked in and simply could not breathe as it was unbearably hot. Have requested another room so they have stuck me in the basement. The room was next to some hotel offices. There were two other rooms there with some poor souls like me suffering in their rooms. There was no sound insulation between rooms at all!! I could virtually hear my neighbour breathing heavily. Heard him snoring as well. :-)

I could not be bothered to ask for another room as it was late and I was exhausted. The bed was single and tiny. Cannot remember when I slept in single bed last time! It was hard and lumpy. Pillows were awful. Bathroom was small but ok.

Did not have food there.

In the morning I had to argue for about 15 minutes about my bill. My company uses this hotel regularly and always settle all bills beforehand. Receptionist was insisting that I had to pay. In the end they have managed to find all payment info.

Please avoid this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Izzysea
Dear XseniaX
Please accept my apologies for the heat in the rooms you experienced. I appreciate it was a very hot time of the year and although we would have loved to have had the windows open for some fresh air prior to your arrival, security issues prevent us from doing this. I have also spoken to Reception and I can only apologise for the confusion upon checkout. Please rest assured this wont happen again
Debra Jones

Travellers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We had a comfortable stay one Friday night while visiting family. The price was very reasonable. The room was large, which we like, and there was a sofa and a chair, which is unusual in our price-range. We spent very little time in the hotel but we we would definitely stay here again. The breakfast was excellent. On the down side - which didn't affect us very much - was that many of the rooms are in outbuildings several yards away from the main building which has the restaurant and bar and reception.

Room Tip: We were in the Morlands building, which has a separate carpark much nearer than the main one.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Rod H
Dear Rod H
Thank you so much for your excellent response. I am so please you liked your room and had a great breakfast. We would love to welcome you back again
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is in a lovely area.
The rooms are ok, except the curtain was falling off the rail - and the room generally didn't look like it had been decorated for a very long time. There was only one really thin pillow on the bed. And the bathroom window didn't open. Oh and my sheet had a big dirty mark on it...
The breakfast was delicious and lots of it.
Check-in is pretty awful though... we arrived exhausted after a long journey and we were bombarded with questions and wanting extra money from us - I couldn't understand what the receptionist was saying really... I'm not sure her English was too good, or maybe it was just I was just too tired to get my head round what she was saying...
It was really empty in the hotel and it wasn't a very good atmosphere.

Room Tip: There are a couple of rooms with balconies. Mine wasn't one of them, but I was next door to tho...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Claire111Bear
Thank you for your review and valuable feedback. I have personally checked your room and would like to re-assure you the maintenance issues have been corrected and there are always extra pillows in the wardrobes. I'm really pleased that you too have a really great breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The staff at the Beeches were all really helpful. It has excellent Conference facilities. The rooms were adequate and the breakfast was a real treat. I was very disappointed not to have wifi in my room although the staff did everything possible to try to make it happen

Room Tip: I had a small double with patio doors and a balcony overlooking the lawns. wonderful
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
DebraJonesBeeches, General Manager at The Beeches, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear Carol K
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is wonderful to receive great feedback about our staff and facilities and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Beeches on a future visit
Debra Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
The Conference Park from venuebirmingham
Edgbaston Palace Hotel
#101 of 117 in Birmingham
Hillscourt
#1 of 1 in Rednal

Been to The Beeches? Share your experiences!