“Good overnight stay”

Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here before and after our holiday abroad. Cheap basic room but lovely and clean, comfortable bed. Only thing missing was no hairdryer in room . Would stay here again if we ever fly from Birmingham . Just read another review which said they had kettle, cups and coffee but our room had none of that!!! We only paid £36.00 per night which was reasonable but wouldn't want to pay more than that.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shona M

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Well my 72yr old aunt and I stayed here 2 days before a early morning flight as she wanted to do last minute shopping in Birmingham before we went on holiday..don't ask me why! anyway here is my review

Location...Perfect few minutes away from Departure area
Hotel.... Lovely and clean lovely staff room perfect for the 2 of us in a twin room we had a high room and so watched the monorail :-)
Reception/Dining area ... fab atmostphere didn't eat there so can't comment on the food but it was expensive that's all I can say
Staff..were very busy but still nice

Would recommenend staying here BUT if you want to stay more than one night book separate nights works out about £25 cheaper!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
IbisBhxAirport, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 22 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay, this time last year when we visited the NEC, that we have rebooked again for next weekend. No frills hotel clean and in good order. Walking distance to the airport and the free monorail connection to the NEC is a bonus. Food & drink facilities all spot on, would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Cheap very clean budget stopover.After initially been allocated a room already occupied obvious by the suitcases and electrical items on show being charged,( not good enough) we were given another immaculate spotless room.You have to use your room card to enter lift,so good security there.We were even allowed to take our airport trolley with our baggage on it up nine floors to our top floor room.The room had a good view of the monorail from window but couldnt see any planes.Bathroom a concept pod type was spotless.Kettle and cups included with complimentary coffee.Bed comfy and Flat screen built in television with free channels and chargeable films worked a treat,would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: On top floor floor nine and didnt hear any noise apart from some local drunk youths about 2am in the...

Reviewed 19 November 2013

If you are flying early or arriving late, the Ibis is a great location for a nights stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable,there is free wifi throughout the hotel. The bar/restaurant area is basic but fine for an overnight stay. Based on the target market for this hotel, it is very good. For the early starters you'll be happy to know that the two terminals are less than 5 minutes walk away so not shuttle bus needed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Having arrived we were welcomed and very quickly given our room and found it to be most comfortable . Very clean and welcoming. We we able to relax and enjoy a meal in the restaurant which was served very quickly and was hot and well presented. The bed was very comfortable and the shower and washing cubical was a masterpiece of design and compactness. Well recommended especially for an early flight.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
IbisBhxAirport, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Guest, I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass on your comments to my team. I know they will be delighted to learn that efforts have been appreciated and remembered.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#24 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC? Share your experiences!