“You get what you for!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Northants UK
“You get what you for!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

And with Ibis you usually do not pay a lot.

This is certainly up to the usual Ibis standard, no frills, but functional.

Good service, good food, clean and quiet, just what one needs pre flight night.

Yes it does its job!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
IbisBhxAirport, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest, Many thanks for the positive comments, I am happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable. I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Birmingham Airport, again very soon.

Kind regards

Carlos Vieira

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

As I had an early flight out of Birmingham, I wanted to stay over at the airport for convenience. As there is not much choice, my assistant booked Ibis which I wasn't particularly looking forward to due to a previous experience in an Ibis in France last year. Well, I should have known better.
Upon arrival a scruffy receptionist checked me in. I was hungry and asked my taxi driver if there was any decent restaurant around but according to him there was none so. I decided to eat in the Ibis hotel's restaurant. The restaurant was still relatively quiet albeit in the lobby area (actually reception, lobby and restaurant are all in the same area...) there was a large and very loud group of people, with dogs. When I changed and came back down, the restaurant was completely full and my god, have I ever heard so much noise in a hotel restaurant. There was a large communal table where a couple of seats were still free so I took one of those. For an Ibis hotel, I guess the menu was not a complete disaster and I took a burger. Despite the incredible noise I was able to get some work done and the wifi worked very well and was for free. The room was as you would expect simple, small as was the bathroom which reminded me of being on a cruise ship. The window was not isolated well enough so the noise from the street was quite loud. The bed, on the other hand, was quite comfortable. Without breakfast, I paid 135 euros which for this type of hotel I find an outrage. Never again and next time, I'll settle for an upscale hotel and take a taxi instead.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, I’m sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Birmingham Airport, as our guest satisfaction is our main priority. The hotel operates a flexible pricing policy so the price depends very much on levels of demand. Furthermore our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our location and extensive facilities. We regret that this was not your impression and offer our apologies.

Llandeilo, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Excellent stay across the road from the airport. The service received from reception was exemplary, as we were on a skiing trip we had loads of baggage. I left my wife with the luggage to check in whilst I parked the car. Not only were we upgraded to an accessible room to accommodate all our luggage, the receptionist carried the bags up to our room. The room was clean and comfortable as expected from Ibis. For the price paid this was an excellent value hotel and so convenient for the airport.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you for your great feedback. We are all working very hard to provide our guest with the best service and it is very rewarding and motivational when we learn that our efforts have been recognised. We looking forward to welcoming you back again at Ibis Birmingham Airport.

South West
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband & I stayed at this hotel the just over a week ago as we had an early flight the following morning, the location was perfect it was right next to the short/medium stay carpark and literally over the road from the airport. The reception area was pleasant & the receptionist who checked us in was efficient & friendly. The size of our room was fine & was spotless with everything we needed, we strolled across the road into the airport for our evening meal so I can't comment on the food. But unfortunately the bed was the worst either myself or my husband had ever slept in, it was as well we had an early flight & we were both thankful we were only staying the one night. The reason for my poor rating was simply due to the comfort of the bed which is a shame because everything else was fine but I feel the fundamental part of a hotel, even a budget hotel is how well you sleep & it was like sleeping on a hard wooden floor - we aren't fussy people but we both commented when we got up how bad it was, unfortunately rather than feeling refreshed for our early flight we both ached.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at the Ibis Birmingham Airport. I was really pleased to hear how convenient you found our location and how clean you found our bedrooms. However at the same time I was very sorry to learn that the bed was not to your liking.

The Ibis beds are of a standard style, and you will find the same beds in most Ibis hotels whether it be here in UK or in Europe. Mattress comfort tends very much to be a matter of personal preference and Your comments on this point have been noted.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Best regards,

wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The price in this hotel is sensitive to events in the NEC so it pays to book early for a pre-flight stay for the best rate. The hotel is a few minutes walk from the terminal. We paid extra to pasrk the car in Short Stay Car park 2 - managed to park just across the road from the Ibis from door.

The hotel is basic, the checkin is efficient and the rooms are simple, clean with a functional bathroom and slow free wifi. There is a wait for the lifts. We had an early flight - which is why we paid extra to stay within a short walk of the airport so can't comment on breakfast - but it is available from 4am. We small bar/restaurant area was crowded so we ate in the evening in the Weatherspoons in the hotel, which was like a normal Weatherspoons but more expensive.

This hotel is functional for a night's stay in the airport or a NEC event. For that its good at a good price. We paid about £67 and were happy with that.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sosban
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. I look forward to welcoming back at Ibis Hotel Birmingham Airport again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed on 14 February 2013 for one night on the 9th floor prior to catching an early flight to Zurich the next day. The rooms are clean, functional and very small. The shower room is a moulded unit as you'd find on a yacht which is interesting. We ate in the bar and, whilst the food was acceptable, the staff was over stretched as there simply were not enough on duty to cope with the number of customers. The big disappointment re: this hotel is that a scarf (not of any great value but was much worn) which was accidentally left behind has not been seen since and no record of it from housekeeping. Unlikely to stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Discerning1001
IbisBhxAirport, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Guest, I am happy to hear that you found our rooms to be clean and functional. However at the same time I was very sorry to learn that some of your personal items where missing. Safety and security is of paramount importance to us and I regret that you have been given cause for concern in this respect. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Your comments have been reviewed with the Housekeeping staff and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed at the IBIS Birmingham airport for 1 night at a cost of nearly £100 excluding breakfast (and parking is an extra £16). The hotel is ok if you get a cheap deal, there for one night and don't want to get any food or drink. If you want any service be prepared to wait a while and get somewhat of an abrupt / rude and unfriendly service reminiscent of Basil Fawlty.

I guess if you have an early flight, just using the room to crash out and you can get it cheap (under £60) then give it a go (leave ample time to checkout),

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MightyQuinn3000
Dear Guest, I was sorry to learn that the standard of the service did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Your comments have been reviewed with the Food and Beverage Manager and corrective measures have been implemented to avoid a similar situation occurring in the future.

Regarding the cost of the room Ibis Hotels operate a flexible pricing policy, as with low cost airlines, the price depends very much on levels demands. This Policy allows us to promote very attractive prices on some days, but prices are higher on days when there is higher demand. This usually revolves around specific events in the area. As ever from a commercial perspective, price is always subject to supply and demand.

Thank you once again for your feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to assess and continually improve upon the quality of our service. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ibis in the future.