“Good Hotel, apart from hot bedroom.”

Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ranked #26 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersBronze level
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel, apart from hot bedroom.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Staying here for one night prior to an early morning flight, we were happy with most things in the hotel. The room was certainly comfortable enough for a one night stay, although a bit small for much longer. The closeness to the airport terminal, is a huge plus point, and is why we booked this hotel. Unfortunately we had one problem, which was the room temperature: it was just too hot to sleep. I'm guessing, the room was about 24 Deg C. With only a fairly thick duvet as bedding in the room, we resorted to sleeping on top of the duvet, but were still too hot. We did try to cool the room down with the room ventilation, but this achieved little. Hence, we had a bad nights sleep. As I was up at 3am to get ready for a flight, I was not pleased. However, when I reported this problem to the hotel, when we got back from holiday, I had a good response. The relevant manager apologised, said we were not the only people to make the same complaint that week, and that they would aim to run the hotel cooler in future. If it had not been for this problem, I would have given this hotel 4 stars. I will try this hotel again in the future.

Room Tip: If your room is too hot, complain to reception straight away, and get them to turn the hotel cooling...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisBhxAirport, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Ibis Birmingham Airport. I was sorry to learn that you found the temperature of your room to be to warm and I am very sorry if it prevented you from enjoying a good sleep. Ibis hotels have an air cooling system in place which does differ from air conditioning and this system and this system is partly dependent on the external temperature. I can only apologise if this was not sufficiently rffective on this occasion. We look forward to better meeting your expectations upon your next stay.

Carlos Vieira

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
south wales
Reviewed 2 June 2014

once again no problem clean and efficient had a few drinks and a meal before our flight next day very good .great for airport traveling nice and relaxed before our flight no driving on day of flight well done to your staff.

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels

Dear Guest, Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Ibis Birmingham Airport in and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Kind regards

Monchique
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Welcoming, comfortable room, good night's sleep and reliable early morning alarm call. An easy walk to the terminals (not all of it under cover so rain wear could be useful!) Book early to benefit from the discounted price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest, Glad you had a good time at Ibis Birmingham Airport! Hope to see you again.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is one of three Accor Hotels clustered next to each other within a couple of minutes walk from the depatures counter of Birmingham International airport.
The rooms were comfortable if somewhat budget. We had booked well in advance and got great pricing.
We also booked the buffet breakfast which was traditional English style but found scrambled eggs to be runny and the bacon under cooked. Mushrooms were soggy.
Front desk was helpful, convenient walk to car rental and eay to acess.
Air conditioning is wierd, we had to open the windows to get cool enough to sleep and when you do that you get aircraft fumes.
Considering how close to the terminal you are it is very quiet.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front (facing away from the runway) to lessen the smell of fumes.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I’ll look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Birmingham Airport very soon.

Porthcawl, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Wed 28th May 2014 we were going to see eagles in the LG arena. Reception very pleasant and speedy. The room very very clean ,and comfortable. Didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. When I go to the LG again I will definitely stay here again .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Birmingham Airport and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Newtown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I went with my wife to see Gary Barlow in concert (not my idea, but to his credit he was really good!). We booked our hotel based upon price and locality to the concert venue, but the hotel was actually a great surprise. The bed was extremely comfortable - better that some 5 star luxury hotels we have stayed in. The room was immaculately clean and the staff friendly. If we travel by plane out of Birmingham, go to the NEC or maybe even just decide to go shopping, the Ibis will be our first choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisBhxAirport, General Manager at Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit at Ibis Birmingham Airport. I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and you find our bedrooms clean and our beds very comfortable. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Birmingham Airport in the near future.

Best regards,

Carlos Vieira
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Novotel Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
Travelodge Birmingham Airport
#40 of 117 in Birmingham
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC? Share your experiences!