See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2017

During a three month period earlier this year in Birmingham working at Birmingham City Hospital I had to book a furnished accommodation within walking distance to the hospital.

Browsing through the internet I found something that seemed suitable in the Jewellery Quarter. Next to a large Tesco 24 hours, with a very nice pub in the same block, tram, train buses around the corner to get to city centre, Uber to there costing about three pound something.

At the evening of arrival I had a very pleasant first impression by the reception the landlady Sobia gave me, personally, showing me the parking garage and shortly after the apartment. This was a two bedroom apartment with a kitchenette, perfectly equipped, a living room and a small terrace with a view to the patio, all freshly refurbished based on a probably victorian red brick factory.

All interior design very likeable, new, not old stuff removed from home but matching colours and materials, quite to my liking. Internet connection has been impeccable, there was free Netflix.

A spacey bathroom. Everything seemed to be well thought through, nothing missing, nothing too much. Well the level of a modern five star design hotel.

We had weekly cleaning and changed towels and bedsheets, very thoroughly and reliably. There haven't been many issues, but whenever I needed to contact Sobia, she would immediately respond and has been so friendly and welcoming during our stay. We were sad to leave this flat and would really like to come back there. The rent wasn't cheap but well within the usual range for the area as I had some research beforehand done.

We had no expectations about Birmingham, but we found it a great place to explore. Enough cultural events, beautiful walks alongside the many canals, much refurbished victorian architecture plus very appealing modern buildings like the Grand Central and the Library. Excellent for shopping and international cuisine both in restaurants and shops, as we much like to cook ourselves.

Thanks Sobia, well done indeed, hope to be your guests again soon.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Dear Florian

Thank you ever so much for your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities. It was an absolute pleasure having you stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Sobia

Reviewed 29 March 2017

Booked to stay in the Birmingham branch of UR STAY as had used the Leicester branch a few years ago. Again I was very happy with the service. £5 for underground parking which is a bargain as most places in the city centre tend to charge over the odds!
The apartment is very spacious, modern and clean. Free wifi is a great. There are lots of good pubs and restaurants around so you don't have to venture far for a decent meal. One of my favourites was The Red Lion pub next door, their food is delicious- highly recommend. 2 minute walk away from the supermarkets - very handy.

You are not too far from the city centre, 15 minute walk or 7 mins in a taxi.These apartments will definitely be my first choice when I am back in Birmingham.

Room tip: Don't forget to make use of the FREE Netflix!
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank arthur_foster65
Management response:Responded 30 March 2017

Dear Arthur,

Thanks ever so much for your positive review. We appreciate honest guest feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the facilities.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

I booked these apartments as I was attending a family wedding in Birmingham. I chose UR STAY Apartments as I had used their apartments in Leicester also and had great service.

I was not disappointed. Sobia was extremely friendly and helped us with out luggage as we had quite a lot! There is secure underground parking which is located very close to the lift which is a God send with small children and lots of bags.

The apartment was stunning. It was very modern and super clean. There is free wifi and Netflix which was handy to keep the children busy. The apartment has plenty of cutlery and utensils so you really don't need to bring anything.

The beds are super comfy and Sobia provided us with a cot free of charge which was handy for my 10 month old.

One thing I will say are these apartments are VERY spacious. I have stayed in a few serviced apartments in Birmingham but I must say these are the largest by far. You definitely don't feel like you are cooped up. There is lots of room to move around. I will definitely be booking these apartments in the future.

Room tip: You can request a room with a balcony if your prefer.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 1 April 2017

Dear Annalise,

Thank you for your delightful review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. You and your family were a pleasure to host.

We hope to welcome you back in the future!

Sobia