Cobden Hotel Birmingham
The Eaton Hotel(Birmingham)
The Edgbaston(Birmingham)
  • Breakfast included
1,024 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Stayed for 1 night and found a good hotel with very good facilities,bar sky tv.You can use the pool and gym at no extra cost.Excellent help yourself breakfast,and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Book direct with the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Good hotel for the price. Not a bad location on the Hagley road which is in easy access to the city. Rooms were reasonable comfortable, but clean.

We were there on a lads weekend away and to be honest we left the room in a bit of a tip on the Saturday morning. Upon our return Saturday night the room had been tidied, with new bedding and towels.

For the price I would stay there again. Excellent choice for girls/boys/stag/hen weekends etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Terrible hotel. I was naively impressed upon check in when we were offered a free upgrade to a premium room, a voucher for £5 off the next visit and two half price cocktail vouchers. I should've realised these were warning signs. The room itself was basic in decor/furniture, it had scuff marks all over the walls, a spider with a web full of flies (clearly quite settled in), a blocked sink in the bathroom full of standing water and a random wheel off a previous occupant's trolley suitcase just sitting in the corner. I can't imagine what the standard room would have been like! The communal areas were more than unloved. The lifts are ancient, there is paint missing off the doorframes, the corridors stink...just general shabbiness. To top it all off, the fire alarm went off 3 times in the early hours and was just turned off again without anyone evacuating (seems like an ongoing problem according to previous reviews). The pool area is also extremely grotty and I came away wondering if I might have a verruca (I was also sort of expecting to find a plaster floating in the water, which didn't happen, but you can see the impression the hotel gives). It is cheap, and therefore you have to expect basic but you shouldn't have to accept shabby and dirty. The location doesn't help either. A run-down main road with busy traffic and breeze-block buildings all around. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank BigSoftie123
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My hubby and I stayed at this hotel last weekend and were appalled by the conditions of this place....WE ARE FREQUENT TRAVELLERS AND HAVE TO GOT SAY THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL WE HAVE EVER STAYED AT.....On reading the reviews we thought oh well, it's people just being fussy so let's just give the place the benefit of the doubt.....It was much, much worse than we had anticipated...I think we'd have had a cleaner, more modern and fresher smelling room at a prison.....The room was outdated, tired, poor, dirty and stunk of very stale cigarette smoke. We complained to reception and were moved to another room. I wouldn't keep a dog in the room that was first allocated and the second room was not much better, bearing in mind they called the upgraded room their premier room.....There was a hen party staying on our floor in 2 rooms....They run around all night until 5 the following morning.....I sorted that out as we had the t v blasting out from 9 when they were sleeping off their hangovers. Revenge is sweet I can tell you. We will be warning friends and family not to stay, please tell yours. You will be very sorry like we were....Laterooms.com were advertising this hotel at £140 reduced to £39....This was a con because at the reception the rooms were advertised for £35. They shouldn t be allowed to advertise in this way. I'm giving this place a 1 and that is only because I can't give lower.

Room Tip: Do not stay here...Stinking, stale, outdated, noisy and very, very poor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank teresamcCaerphilly
Reviewed 6 July 2011

my daughter and i spent a night after the take that concert. It provided a bed but thats as far as it goes

the paint work was tired ,the hoover obviously does not reach the edges of the room as thick with dust .
Staff were pleasent .
was woken at 4 by people arguing and while i know that this cant be the hotels fault having an all night bar cant help !!!
Loved birmingham but would definatley stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: dont think there are any 'best rooms'
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family