Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Tri-Star Hotel(Solihull)
1,554 results
All reviewsan industrial estatebirmingham airportgenting arenaminute walkcar parkcontinental breakfastan overnight staysat navan early flightstayed one nightsofa bedfull englishgood nights sleeptea and coffeeyogurtnecmonorail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed here with my daughter - we were going to the Enrique concert at the LG Arena. Excellent location, 5 minute walk to train station - which we used for the 10-15 minute journey into Birmingham for shopping. 10 minute walk to arena for event. Room was 219, very spacious with double and single bed, 2 seater settee also. Staff very friendly, great value for money. Would highly recommend this hotel for events at the NEC and Arena, I would use it again.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Bev86England
Reviewed 25 March 2011

Close to NEC, very clean hotel, excellent room with desk area and high speed internet. Laminate flooring, spotless bathroom and facilities, fast check in and very polite staff.

Just 5 mins from Birmingham International train station (turn right out of train station walk up ramp, right and right again) No fuss full English breakfast.

Recommended hotel I'll definitely stay there again for either NEC event or concert, excellent value.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bellysbride
Reviewed 24 March 2011

The Ramada is very easy to find from the railway station but so are other hotels. The NEC can be accessed through the station, though the LG arena is quite a walk through the complex.

For a two night stay this was perfectly adequate, but having not seen the quality of cheaper hotels, I can't recommend it over others. I booked through Hotels.com on 28 February but reception could find no track of my booking when I checked in on 21 March! For some bizarre reason you have to get your room card reprogrammed after visiting the NEC, even if you don't go into the arena itself! On the first night, I noticed in the restaurant that although room numbers were being asked for, you couldn't charge anything to your room. This also applied to room service, which defeats the object! Think this was rectified the next day though. Restaurant no pricier than something in town for dinner, though you could find a cheaper place for breakfast.

Room itself had a walk in shower, single bed and sofa with TV and possible internet access. Tea and coffee but no biscuits.

All in all, I wouldn't stay here for more than a couple of days, but it suits the purpose of a visit to the NEC.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed here due to attending a concert at the LG arena, we got lost on the way there but as soon as we found it we knew where everything was from then, as reception staff extremely friendly & helpful. (They even print off maps) We chose this hotel due to it being the cheapest by far and one of the closest to LG arena - both these reasons were fulfilled as it was great value for money and only a five minute walk away from LG/NEC. Our particular room was brilliant, very big & spacious, very light and nice decor. We assumed our teenager with us would be sleeping on the pull out sofa provided in every room but she actually had her own single bed slightly seperate from our bed area. We didn't have tea or breakfast there so cannot comment on that but we did order room service and although there are only about 5 items, it was nice none the less. We went to the bar area after the concert and that was great value for money & nice atmosphere. Overall great, cheap hotel. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I stayed at the Ramada Encore NEC in January on a 2 night business stay.
We chose this hotel purely on the price, and for the money it was ok. The rooms aren't the best, but they are clean and comfortable. The location was decent for the NEC, a few minutes walk from the hotel to the lift, which takes you into the complex walkway. The food was alright in the restaurant, the burger was quite nice, but the garlic bread wasn't what I would call garlic bread. Drinks wise standard fare for hotels. The bar was quite comfortable and relaxed. I was disappointed they didn't offer room service breakfast.
I would stay here again if it was just one night, but only if I had to be in the area, and if the Hilton or Crowne Plaza were a lot more expensive.
Don't want to sound too negative, as it was ok, but there are better hotels nearby.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business