Let's begin with the positives. The location is fabulous if you are attending an event at the NEC, which I was, the rooms are clean and reasonably spacious and well priced.
So on the surface, when you first arrive everything looks good, however, it is the little things that really take away from this hotel. For example:
- there are no tissues (Kleenex) in the room
- when you run the hot water you get a loud moaning kind of sound coming from the plumbing. When someone in another room runs the water you get the loud moaning in your room as well waking you up at 4:00am
- there is no bar of soap or bottle of shampoo. Instead they have wall mounted dispensers. You know, the kind that you pump and pump and get very little soap on your hands and that drip onto the counter.
- same thing in the shower, only a dispenser on the wall that holds what apparently is both body wash and shampoo, although I will say the shower itself was quite good
- the TV is only about 12" not that it matters since they only provide nine viewing channels
- When we first arrived we went to the bar where there was no bartender. After waiting for 10 minutes we went to the front desk to inquire as to where the bartender was. They sent out a search party and finally located someone who could at least serve us a beer.
Finally, but most importantly, there is no WIFI in the rooms. I really don't understand how a hotel that caters to business travelers could not have WIFI in the room. They have Internet but if you are like me and your computer only connects through WIFI having a wire dangling from the wall does not help me. So you end up having to go down to the lobby to get mail, etc...
It's really unfortunate because all of these negatives are really easy to fix and would make this hotel quite a nice one but unfortunately I won't be back to find out if they have fixed them.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Styles Birmingham Airport NEC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Birmingham Nec Hotel Birmingham