“Won't be going again”

Pinocchio
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

As everyone else has reported we too went with a groupon voucher.
You pull up outside and think what on earth is this place - the photos make it look better than it is.
I thought to myself regardless of what it looks like if its amazing food it really doesn't matter.
Stepped inside to a very quiet -1 other couple inside cold restaurant with a waiter who made no attempt to welcome us.
There was a small blow heater on the floor of the whole restaurant!
We felt the need to whisper as it was so quiet!
Ordered the dolce latte mushrooms and received a little bowl if 4 whole mushrooms in a creamy spicy soup like mixture - not what I expected - bizarre!!
My friend had soup which was that cheap veg mix with the little square carrot chunks you get in the supermarket value range!
Both edible but poor value and quality!
No bread offered with either me so we felt the need to order some as the starter was pitiful size.
When we asked to order the bread the waiter said abruptly - "it's not with the voucher" a most off putting.
The microwave kept pinging which was disconcerting and our food came very quickly!
The mains were edible but we were still hungry so decided on some garlic bread. Wish hadn't had it though as it was thin bread (same as starter so nice enough) but fried with bits of garlic on top - was too much oil and left my stomach feeling not good.
Rather than have a pudding we decided that a coffee from an Italian would be a sure bet and the large commercial machine looked so impressive that how could it not be nice.
How wrong can you be!
It was like dirty dish water to look at and didn't taste that much better either!
It was a weak tepid latte but we ordered cappuccino!!
I had cold milk in my saucer too!!! Nasty!!! I can only think the waiter thought we wouldn't know what a cappuccino was!?!?
I know we should have complained but the waiter bearly said a word the whole time we were there and looked grumpy as hell so we didn't feel we wanted to. Instead we got the hell out of there and saw the funny side! It really was like faulty towers!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Disgusted with the presentation, portions and the price. After buying vouchers from groupon we booked a party of 8 for a birthday celebration. The chef appeared at a hole in the wall in a dirty tee shirt, the starters arrived with barely anything on the plate, the salad consisted of barely a fork full of lettuce, how much would it cost for a couple of tomatoes and a few slices of cucumber at least it would have bulked the plate. We ordered a bowl of chips for our 2 year old which came in a small bowl, they were burnt and they charged us £1.50, with the main course they asked if we wanted garlic bread which failed to appear until we reminded them. THIS CAME AS TOAST WITH GARLIC BUTTER which cost £5.50 !!! My spagetti carbonara was cold and so was all the other mains. The sound of the microwave was constantly heard. The place was empty which is not suprising, i will not going back nor will i ever recomend it to anyone. I suggest you go over to the White Swan or ASK. NEVER AGAIN !!!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I don't enjoy writing negative reviews at all, but it's hard to pick positives. I only came because we picked up a voucher so therefore could give it a try without spending too much money.
1) The Restaurant. As you walk in, there isn't a seating area or bar area, and as all the tables have been squashed in, you automatically feel like you are invading the space of those in the table in front as you walk in, and to the right hand side.
2) Aknowledgement. Some sort of hello would be good. Instead, we waited a couple of minutes for someone to come over
3) Decor. Is a bit modern chintzy - it needs an identity. Is it trying to be modern? Is it trying to be rustic? Also, sort out the toilets! Walking down the back passage past the cutlery drawer and around cleaning stuff doesn't give a good impression.

Now obviously all of this would be forgiven if the food was great. But it's not.
1) We went for simple starters because we were a bit dubious by this point as to the quality of the restaurant. Somehow, it still wasn't right.
Starters:
I had the avocado and prawns. The avocado wasn't ripe enough. The prawns were the little tiny crap 'value' / 'basics' versions. Not good enough if you're paying £5.50.
My boyfriend has the minestrone soup which was average.
Mains:
I went for the steak with peppercorn sauce. The steak itself was nicely done. I ordered fries as my extra, and was told they were out of fries but that they could give me sauteed potatoes. I went for that, and what I got was boiled new potatoes that had the tin bought consistency. Honestly, they were awful. I also ordered spinnach which was microwave hot - definitely not fresh.
My boyfriend had steak, but he luckily ordered the last portion of chips - the chips tasted a bit stale.
The waiter brought over the complimentary veg which was a load of mush, and definitely not freshly made.

I have rated value poorly only because based on the menu prices it is way over priced for what it delivers.

The only plus point is that through some points of the night we had a lovely waitress. But the food was poor, restaurant layout was rubbish, the older waiter that served us was miserable - just a shambles.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

The food was the worst I've had in a long time, no flavour at all and expensive. We had a table for three on 20 December and we were the only people in there on a night when it should have been packed being just before Christmas - so I think that says it all. There had obviously been a lunch party in and, even though we had booked so they were expecting us, the tables from lunch had not been cleared. There was no one to greet us and despite standing chatting between ourselves for a few minutes we had to call through to the kitchen for someone to seat us. And because there was just the three of us in there for the whole evening there was absolutely no atmosphere. A total disappointment.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

The place looked ok inside, small but not to bad.That was the good bit, there was a hair in the butter, starts for 6 was passable but the main course's where bad. They were tastless and didn't look very appealing. The waiter stood near us starring which was a bit of putting. One of the waiters changed his t shirt and went into the kitchen to cook. The place looked like it had been a cafe which they had just put nice tables and chairs in and called a restaurant. They poured coke out of a 2l bottle which was 2 for £2 in front of us, not a good way to do things. Would we go back, no way.