“good food - dont take your kids!!”
Review of Church Tavern

Church Tavern
Ranked #1,619 of 2,309 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 March 2014

we went a few weeks ago - food was nice - service good - then took our children into the play area - it was expensive to take them in - i think 3 pound each - there was a kids party going on - one of the kids dads decided to go in the play area and slid down the slide and knocked a little girl flying - the little girls dad went completely mad and started shouting, swearing and threatening this man - it frightened all the kids and us, we left ! - what i couldn't understand was why the men who had completly ruined the party and our kids fun weren't thrown out- wouldnt go again!!!!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

went to Church Tavern in January with my husband, and family for a meal, compliments to the chef for excellent food. it has been completely refurbished and is much better, with very attractive decor and even a nice fireplace where one of the exit doors used to be. there is waitress service for drinks too. there is still the area for families with children. will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My husband and I went here three times while we were staying at the nearby Travelodge (within walking distance). The atmosphere was welcoming and cozy on some rainy, cold nights (we sat sort of far away from the kids' zone thing). The dining room is quite large, sectioned into separate areas. We ordered at the bar and didn't have to wait too long for our food on any of the occasions. The food was hot and tasty. The best meal I had was the bangers and mash, which was served in a giant Yorkshire pudding with peas. The appetizer I ordered one night came out before the main meal, as it should have, and I was happy about that. The only issues we had were that the portions seemed small on certain meals, and my husband was disappointed with the meager amount of custard he received with his dessert. Prices were very reasonable. There was free wifi (via O2). I would definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Been a couple of times to the Church Tavern. Both times the customer service was what you would hope to get in a pub. One member of staff was outstanding. Unfortunately there are some dishes on the menu which are of poorer quality than others as a friend and I both agreed than the second visit the food was better. The cost of the meals do seem to be higher than in other pubs which isn't a problem if the food is outstanding, unfortunately it doesn't quite justify the high price tag (would say the quality would justify a price around £8.95 per dish rather than closer to £10)

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The staff are very friendly but not in your face, and the menu offers a good choice. We will certainly visit again when next in the area