“A favourite for nearly 20 years!”
Review of Church Tavern

Church Tavern
Ranked #1,492 of 2,217 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Brittany, France
“A favourite for nearly 20 years!”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have written a few reviews on this site for a while but as I am about to move abroad I have to leave a review for my favourite local. Not only has this been a great place for a quiet drink, but over the years my children have played in the Wacky Warehouse and had years of fun and birthday parties. They are in their late teens now but still have fond memories of visits here. The fish and (jacket potato) dish fr me has been a repeat favourite. I will miss it when I move away. I visited this last week and the menu has changed again, which is a good move; but my partner is vegetarian and I rely on this when we visit, and I noticed there were less veggie options, although he does like the veggie burger. More veggie options would be a bonus, my partner said the best previously was the veggie whole meal pie. The staff are very friendly and always have been. I will miss this place, and when I come back for short visits I will come back for the best fish and jacket potato!! Also, two for one option everyday is great value!!

• Visited May 2014
CHURCH25, Manager at Church Tavern, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hi, Thank you so much for your custom over the years. we'd all like to wish you well on your new life chapter and very much hope to see you on your return visits.
Rachael & Team

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“New menu”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The new menu is not much different to the old menu but is missing several vegetarian meals. There seems to be only vege lasagne vege beefburger and vege curry. My wife wasn't impressed. Also I'm alarmed at the various bad reviews regarding the fish dishes.

• Visited May 2014
CHURCH25, Manager at Church Tavern, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hi, Thank you for your comments, I will pass these on to our food development team.
Kind Regards
Rachael
London, United Kingdom
“excellent food”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

can always find the table for my preference, staff are attentive and food came out quickly. Has a good atmosphere

Visited March 2014
CHURCH25, Manager at Church Tavern, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review. we hope to see you again soon.
Rachael & Team
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service yet again”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I really cannot fault this establishment. Immaculate at all times. Even though we are very fussy with our food order it is always cooked to perfection. I have never known a more friendly and professional group of staff. Excellent for familys too. Try it out if in the area.

1 Thank millie a
CHURCH25, Manager at Church Tavern, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for taking to time to write such a lovely review. I will pass on your comments to the team.
“Mega burnt burger.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

If a chef can't cook a burger should they really work in a kitchen?
Dry, crunchy and burnt not a pleasant experience. Could not recommend based on the experience.