“A lovely place to stay.”

Bed and Breakfast at Woodbrooke
Ranked #2 of 54 Birmingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Wonderful. Friendly staff. Great food and rooms. Very quiet and comfortable. Recommended to all. Nice work. Lovely gardens. Very beautiful. A real sense of peace. Lovely courses also available in the study centre.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank AlasdairStewart

Reviewed 1 August 2012

I was working in the area for 6 months and a local told me to check this place out as I wasn't happy with my b&b. I was a bit anxious initially as I am not a Quaker nor do I have any knowledge of the culture. I thought I may be in for a bit of an attempt to convert me.
Nothing could be further from th truth.
I stayed for 6 months initially and returned earlier this year for a further 3 months. Staff and volunteers (firs) were wonderfully supportive and welcoming. The high turn over of volunteers means that there is always a new person to chat to. I met so many varied and interesting people while I was there.
It really is a home away from home. The rooms are fairly basic but very comfortable. Always immaculately clean. Wonderful views around the grounds which are a delight to walk and wind down in at the end of a busy day. The staff and firs can't do enough to help you yet they are not at all intrusive and very much respect the fact that you may just wan't quiet time.
The food is absolutely fantastic. Many of the fruit, herbs and vegetables are grown on site. There is nothing they can't or don't cook. Masses of choice and plentiful amounts. During my stays recipes were very rarely repeated so the variety was immense. You will have to watch your waistline!
Very convenient for the centre of Birmingham as there is a bus stop outside and a local station a short walk away. It is also a short stroll from Cadbury World.
Incredibly good value too. I am going back in a couple of weeks, can't wait.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms do not have an en suite bathroom so make sure you ask if this matters to you. If...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank damekaren
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Spent two nights, a real nice and quite place to stay in the heart of Birmingham located within a beautiful garden, beds and rooms are beautiful, nice friendly and accommodating friends and staff, they're are really welcoming at all times and ready to assist, a nice library and several open lounge on different floors, breakfasts are excellent buffet style, a place for those who will like staying in a quite, beautiful and peaceful eniroment when they visit Birmingham on a business trip irrespective of being a quacker.

Room Tip: Rooms ensuit which is great!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ogoniba S
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Woodbrooke was a chance find for us but it could not have been better, delightful people (volunteers and office staff who went out of there way to accommodate us and meet our needs), fabulous buffet food and a beautiful grounds. We so enjoyed our stay and felt calmed and energised by this lovely place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Fuffcat
Reviewed 9 June 2012

A perfect blend of comfort and gentle environmental sustainability. The perfect place to re-energize. It was my 2nd visit and I look forward to returning. I cycled from Birmingham station along the canal - I found a choice of cycle routes on Woodbrooke's website in among the directions for cars and public transport. Superb gardens to explore, with lots of characterful places (including a hammock) to sit and soak in the birdsong. Excellent food! Extremely kind service. A place one can go to work, study or relax. The library's open 24 hours a day. Comfy, well-appointed rooms and the sweetest kettles I've ever seen. Next time I won't take a hot water bottle as I now know they have several for borrowing!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Katharine L
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I was given a very nice, large double room with new bathroom facilities. The breakfast and dinner were also very nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank eab108
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Woodbrooke has been a home from home for me over the last 15 months. Working locally on a long-term contract, I needed weekday accommodation that would keep me happy over that period. Woodbrooke certainly did that and more. Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent varied, delicious and healthy food, a perfect room with a lovely view, beautiful and tranquil surroundings with woods and a lake and all at a very reasonable price. To walk round the lake and through the woods after a hard day’s work was uplifting and quickly relieved the stresses of the day.

I met many other guests on short and long term stays who were equally delighted with Woodbrooke. I will certainly miss Woodbrooke. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business