Premier Inn Birmingham Central (Hagley Road)
US$178
US$62
US$51
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Bloc Hotel Birmingham(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$52
Priceline
US$70
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeefeater restauranttgi fridaysbeefeater next dooradjoining beefeaterqueen elizabeth hospitalcar parkcadbury worldcity centreground floorgood nights sleepstayed for nightscomfortable roomfamily roomair conexcellent staybudget hotelreception staff
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Hotel is well postioned for sightseeing; we took in the Bull Ring for shopping, sea life centre and local cinema. The Beefeater restaurant on site was excellent and very tolerant/welcoming of children.
Staff both in reception and restaurant were very helpful and friendly.
We had a great few days stay and wouldn't hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Stayed here a few days ago with my son when we went to watch the Test Match at Edgbaston. Booked a family room for 2 nights at a great price. Unfortunately our stay coincided with the Birmingham riots so we were a bit apprehensive to say the least. Luckily the hotel is about 3 miles from the Bull Ring and we were just far enough away from it all!

From check-in to check-out the service was excellent. Room was great and we both slept really well. Had the Breakfast deal which is great value for kids.

Connected to a Beefeater which we ate in the first night - good value with bottomless chips and soft drinks, which again is great for kids. Next door is TGI Fridays (which was OK the 2nd night) and an Indian and ASK which we didn't use.

Great free car park with loads of spaces.

Apart from the troubles which restricted us from going into the city centre, we had a great stay and really hope to go back in happier times for the city!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2011

The bedroom doors in this hotel are not secure and are a target for thieves.

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in February 2011. On the first night, after returning to my room after a night out, I discovered that my room had been burgled and a laptop and iPod had been stolen - worth just under £1,500. When the police arrived the officer was able to demonstrate how easy it is to break into one of the bedrooms using a credit card - it took him about two seconds.

The hotel staff were reasonably polite and civil in dealing with me and I was offered a refund for the first night. However, the company who own the hotel chain, Whitbread, have demonstrated a complete lack of care about the incident and poor customer service. I write this review 6 months after the incident and I am yet to receive any reimbursement for the loss I sustained. In fact, they've been dismissive and tardy in their communication with me.

That same night another guest bedroom was burgled and his laptop stolen.

On the second night, a fight broke out in the attached Beefeater restaurant as a gang of about 5 or 6 young men began to smash glasses, lamps and tables and the police had to be called. The staff dealt with this calmly and assuredly.

My gripe is not with the staff of the hotel, but with the company. I hope that enough people read this review and decide not to stay at this hotel so that the company may be deprived of the same level of revenue that they have failed to compensate me.

I stay in overnight in Birmingham on business almost every week and have stayed in many different Birmingham hotels - the Crowne Plaza is my favourite.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Mozz-dad
Reviewed 2 August 2011

A good quality budget hotel with staff who are far more friendly and obliging than you would ever expect in a city hotel. The room had pretty much everything you would need, and was clean, comfortable and well-kept. Free ample car parking was a bonus. Downside - the food served in the adjoining Beefeater restaurant was not the greatest.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank vix_197613
Reviewed 30 July 2011

seen the advertisement in the local press about come have breakfast with us,
me and my wife did go 1 sunday morning and was impressed ,
we will recommend this hotel to our friends and family and will
be going back ourselves......

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple