Premier Inn Birmingham Central (Hagley Road) Hotel
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This was our 2nd stay in this Premier Inn and it was really good. The reception staff were lovely and couldn't do enough to help, the room was quite spacious, air conditioned and clean.
The bed was really comfortable and a good nights sleep was had by myself and hubby.
Staff were friendly when it came to breakfast the next morning, and it was a very nice breakfast.
We stayed for 2 nights and would happily go back and recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisamb38
Shahina B, Team Leader at Premier Inn Birmingham Central (Hagley Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear LisaMB38,

Thank you for providing us your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am so happy to read that we were able meet your expectations. We really appreciate your comments regarding the service you recieved; the team work hard every day to provide that quality customer service that our guests expect.

Please visit us again; we will be looking forward to welcoming you back to the Premier Inn, Birmingham Central Hagley Road.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I travel around the UK a lot for work and most of the time end up in a Premier Inn. They are always clean, have quiet, well equipped rooms and are comfortable, with this one no different. They are easy to book, someone is always around reception to book you in (even at 3 in the morning), with a good selection of unlimited food for breakfast the next day, although this can be a little pricey (fixed price for continental or cooked) depending on how much you eat. Staff were polite as always, would recommend premier inns to anyone looking for somewhere clean and comfortable to sleep.

1  Thank Robyn A

Dear Rka25,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Premier Inn, Birmingham Central Hagley Road.

I am delighted to hear you had a nice stay in our hotel and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I am so pleased to read your comments regarding your room being comfortable and clean and the team to be polite. I will be sure to pass on your kind compliments to the restaurant and hotel team.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at Premier Inn Hagley Road back in April for my mum's birthday for the first time, I picked this certain hotel as it was very convinient to get to places and I can say having stayed in previous Premier Inn's I have never recieved the poor service ever than I did at Hagley Road... The lady that checked us in was not welcoming what so ever she didn't at all smile didn't even mention the 'good night garuentee' was not a very warm welcoming however rooms were really nice and cosy, we went out in the evening to broadstreet for my mum's birthday night out and having sat in reception waiting for our taxi for nearly half an hour the lady with blonde pony tied back hair didn't even bother to ask us if we were ok, what the occasion was, didn't offer to find out how long our cab was going to take and eventually when our taxi did arrive she didn't even bother saying have a good night, absolute dissappointment!!! You would think as a receptionist the staff would have interacted with us but no not at Premier Inn Hagley Road!! The following morning we were getting ready for check out my mum asked a black lady from house keeping for an iron and ironing board 5mins later we opened our door and found ONLY an iron outside of our room she didn't even bother knocking on our room to let us know I was speechless. All I can say is on check out a lady who checked us out lady with short brown hair sorry I couldn't get her name wish I did but she was the only member of staff that was bubbly asked us how we were even wished my mum a happy birhday and after chatting with her my mum was over the moon so thank you for that! The staff need to learn how to smile and make guests feel welcome because the minute we walked in we didn't once until we walked out we will never be staying here again it's not nice for guests to experience this! This was the worst Premier Inn ever! One last messsage for staff... Smile!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jas K
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Birmingham Central (Hagley Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Attending course at Women's Hospital, booked this for overnight stay as it had large free car park. No issues at reception, modern well equipped quiet room, attached beefeater service was good, food decent, very friendly staff. Overall very happy only very minor gripe is that the entrance is not that well signed from the busy Hagley Road. Would very happily stay again.

1  Thank thmps
Shahina B, Team Leader at Premier Inn Birmingham Central (Hagley Road) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Thmps,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that your stay with us was enjoyable and conveniently located for your trip to the Womens Hospital. However, I am sorry to read that you had trouble locating us, due to signposting. I have passed your comments on to the manager who will look into this matter.

We hope to welcome you back to the Premier Inn, Birmingham Central, Hagley Road, in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Travelling around UK for 10 days, we did not book accommodation in advance and after traveling and visiting attractions, we would plug Premier Inn to the GPS and managed to get a room every time. Great service, and excellent value for money. Will only stay at Premier Inns in future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor P

Dear TrevorP,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay with us at the Premier Inn, Bimingham Central, Hagley Road.

I am thrilled to read that you had a "good nights rest" with us and that the team exceeded your expectations in the standard of service they delivered.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

The usual Hotel I stay at decided that a price hike from £57 to £165 was justified due to an event at the NIA...not in my eyes.
The Premier Inn offered a reasonable price with excellent service and facilities. I was made very welcome at Reception by Adele who is a credit to the Company.
I will make this Hotel my regular stop before flying from Birmingham.

3  Thank Stevros7

Dear Stevros7,

Thank you for your fabulous 5* review on TripAdvisor.

I was so pleased to read that you had a great stay and that you found the value and comfort you were looking for, on your first stay with us.

I will pass on your comments to Adele, who will be thrilled to hear your kind words.

We look foward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

plenty of car parking available, friendly staff, the room was clean and well kept apart from a bed side light not working, the noise level during our stay was very quiet considering a main road run past the front of the hotel. On the night we stayed the resturant was closed for referbishment so breakfast was a complementry box which was very basic. Luckerly there were plenty of places to eat that evening near to the hotel so the resturant closing at 6pm was a little bit anoying but not a problem for us. The one night we stayed at this hotel was comfortable and problem free we will be staying there again fairly soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JacquiP,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is great to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the hotel. I will pass on your feedback to our Restaurant Manager, I am very sorry that the closure for refurb tarnished an otherwise enjoyable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.