“Something for everyone”

Birmingham Rag Market
Ranked #56 of 289 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Open 4 days a week, the Birmingham Rag Market provides market shopping at its best, and is home to 350 stalls, and 17 perimeter shops, selling a massive and diverse range of goods. 'The Rag' is renowned for the extensive range of fabrics it has to offer,in addition to general and alternative goods. The Rag Market is one of three Bull Ring Markets. The other two are the Bull Ring Open Market, and The Bull Ring Indoor Market. The Big Brum Antique Market is also held 10 times a year - see website for details and dates.
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If you haven't been to Birmingham's Rag Market and Food Market - you haven't lived. I travel to many towns and experience the stalls of many markets but when I come home I think to myself what a wonderful market Birmingham has. There is something for everyone and the stallholders are so friendly and obliging. I obtain many many bargains every time I go. My trolley is always full and I always look forward to visiting again and again. The manager's keep a strict look on things and if you have any complaints they are always willing to sort it out - they stand no nonsense and have strict rules for everyone. Someone is always on duty to see that the toilets are kept clean. a must in such a busy market. Food wagons are marvellous and give such good value as well as seating. Can't praise them all enough, they are fantastic working such long hours and serving the public the way they do.

2  Thank Gina A

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This place is good for bargain hunters. Be careful if you do not bargain or do not know the real value of the item what you are buying you will end up paying double or triple the price of it. Multi ethnic.

2  Thank Ups-up
Reviewed 18 July 2014

If its great value u want and nice friendly people. This is the place for you. We bought loads at great value and are returning very soon.

4  Thank happee_travellers
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We love the rag market and have just returned from birmingham with lots of goodies from here. They have pretty much any and everything. Always buzzin and full of life. We are planning our return visit here.
Definately great place and u have the bullring beside it.

5  Thank happygalway
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Living in Birmingham we often visit the rag market in order to find a bargain and this is one of our first stops when we want to buy something that may be obtained from a market setting. It is great to wander around and is right next door to the food markets. Definately worth a wander even if you don't want to buy anything