“shopping weekend in brum”

pentahotel Birmingham
Ranked #14 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed 16 June 2014

went to Pentahotel for weekend with my husband and another couple. Our friends have stayed at Jurys Inn in Birmingham but we decided to try Pentahotelas it had breakfast included for the same price as other hotels that didn't include it. What a wonderful place, rooms were lovely, was very surprised at breakfast i was expecting a small continental breafast, what a great surprise for us, it was fab, full English, cereal, muller light yogurts, lots of fresh fruit salad, choc chip muffins to die for and much much more.Really near town center about 5 min walk.. If you like playing pool there were 2 tables all free to play. Can,t really say much more it was great, staff were really friendly and helpful definately stay here again and have found out there are a few more over the country. keep up good work and don't think you'll be short of customers. other hotels should take a look at what you're doing and take tips. thanks for great weekend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the fantastic review of your stay at pentahotel Birmingham.

It was such a pleasure to read your feedback & I will share this with all of the team as I know they will be equally pleased to read this.

We do have a few more pentahotels across the country now & hopefully we will see you at one of these soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Visited for x2 nights for a girls weekend away. Booked the rooms for an amazing price through their website directly (something like £79 for two nights!). The communal areas are comfortable and stylish, the bedrooms are spotlessly clean, modern and pleasant. The location is great, around 10 mins away from New Street station, the Bullring shopping centre, and the Arcadian and Broad Street clubbing areas. The hotel is literally two streets away from the Mailbox centre. What impressed me the most about this hotel was the amazing breakfast included in the price! Such a good selection of hot and cold food, beautiful fresh fruit and muffins - even free Prosecco! (who needs a Champagne breakfast anyway!). We were informed by the staff that all TV channels movies were free too which was a lovely bonus. You are provided with great little toiletries by Anatomicals in the bathroom. I will definitely be staying again. The hotel would be an excellent base for all groups and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at pentahotel Birmingham.

It's great to see that you had such an enjoyable weekend break with us and I hope that we will see you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay and the location was great. Very friendly and helpful staff in all areas, spotlessly clean and lovely decor. Really enjoyed the breakfast which was excellent with a really good range and choice. Booked some time ago so got a very good rate which made it even better value. Car parking could be less expensive and I would have preferred to have been able to pre book as it left me feeling a bit unsettled until we checked in and knew a space was available. The beds are not king size so we opted for a twin as we're used to a large bed, but otherwise the bedrooms are very comfortable. If staying in Birmingham we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Ne12345,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at pentahotels.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I understand your comments in regards to car parking, for underground secure car parking in the city centre, we are priced much below all of the other available car parks and I am trying to look at a way of guests being able to prebook this service at the moment.

Hopefully by your return we will have a soloution for this to further improve upon our services.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Thought we'd go wild & book here instead of Hampton for Hilton.. cheeky tennis weekend away, so wanted to treat ourselves. Weren't disappointed! The hotel looked BEAUT. Relaxed check in at the bar, and visually pleasing lounge area. The pillows on those seats near the bar are gorgeous, I couldn't have been happier watching England lose the match against Italy, whilst I was snug as a bug with a pint of Stella Black (Pricey though!)... Anywayyy, the only upsetting thing was the pillow situation, I felt like I was sleeping on a piece of tracing paper :( I asked for more pillows but alas there were non. I really think that the hotel would do well to invest in an extra two per room. ANYWAY, the prosecco at breakfast TOTES made up for it. Brekko was just amazing. Probably the best breakfast i've had at a hotel all round. I was sat chilling, listening to some nice music, glass of prosecco in hand, could have stayed there all day! PLEASE extend breakfast till FOREVER. Such a nice touch was that prosecco, the bacon tasted great too. Finally, what I was most impressed with was the hotels cleanliness ... on Friday, the bar staff kindly gave us some free nuts (cheers) however, my friend, who may have had one too many cocktails at the bar knocked them on the sofa ... much to my dismay I noticed a few nuts had slid down the sofa, (SOZ) I tried as best as possible to retrieve said nuts but I thought one or two may have evaded me. As I was waiting for my cab to leave on sunday morning I couldn't help but slip my hand between the sofa, and I'm very happy to report that not a nut could be found. Couldn't believe it. I'll be back. x

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tannamatronic
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for the very kind words following your stay & I hope you enjoyed the Tennis!

I was really pleased to see that you found the hotel to be so clean & the breakfast to your liking.

I am pleased to say that extra pillows for every room are 'en route' & will soon be in every guest bedroom.

Hope to see you back again soon at penta!

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here on business. The room was small and the bed not greatly comfortable. The room reminded me of an Ibis. The toiletries were good though and the room I had was quiet. The bar / lounge below looked lovely and it would be a great place to stay for a weekend I think. Friendly, helpful staff. Odd having to check in at the end of the bar!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Traveller,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us at pentahotel Birmingham.

I am pleased to see that your stay was a comfortable one but disappointed that we didn't wow you.

I note from your profile that you regulary stay in Birmingham & I would be delighted to meet with you and show you our model room which has just been completed to give you an idea of how the hotel rooms will be updated. Please do contact me directly via tripadvisor and we can arrange this.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This is a really cool hotel. Excellent check in which is actually at the bar but works well. Rooms are a good size and very modern. Love the complimentary toilet bag which I think is a good touch. The cocktails in the bar were very good. Would be my first choice in Birmingham

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Traveller,

Thanks for the kind words following your stay with us this weekend.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us & that we will become your preferred choice in Birmingham.

I look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel is fabulous and amazing value for money.

When we booked I thought the pictures on the website where too good to be true but this hotel looks good, is well staffed and the rooms are clean, spacious and the toiletries we had where something you would expect in a high end hotel.

We had drinks in the downstairs bar which is very cosy, an evening meal upstairs which was fab and the free pool tables gave us plenty of laughs whilst we sipped cocktails.

Good location near the Mail Box and Bullring, would also say it would be good for children. We usually stay in a travel lodge for cheapness but this hotel is around the same price and is worlds apart and also includes a yummy breakfast with lots to chose from. Will definitely be returning!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
PentaBirmingham, General Manager at pentahotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hi Laura,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of your stay in Birmingham at pentahotels.

I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed everything with us & I look forward to seeing you back again in Birmingham soon!